Skip to content

Ask an Expert Module 2 test 'lifesavers' Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Module 2 test 'lifesavers'

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

alisha161102

Aug 09

alisha161102 says:

Module 2 test 'lifesavers'

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help me with lifesavers on roundabouts.  I have my module 2 next week and am getting really worried about lifesavers and when to do them and what shoulder to look over.  Can anyone help as in all the books i read and internet searches i do i keep getting different responses.  Also on the roundabout can i do a lifesaver check over both shoulders? will the examiner fail me for too many??  Help! (please!)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 August 2009 17:23)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Pwarr41

Mar 09

Pwarr41 says:

Lifesavers

Best to take a lifesaver before signalling. Take a lifesaver just after you pass the exit before the one you want then signal left. You can take a lifesaver over both shoulders if you like. You can fail for taking too many lifesavers. The examiner could fail you for not paying enough attention to what's in front of you but you'd have to do alot of lifesavers or mirror checks for that to happen

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Lessons

Get a lesson in.

We can tell you how to do things but a lesson will let you practise.

Where abouts in the country are you?

Reply to this Topic
Ikonoklast

Jun 09

Ikonoklast says:

Lessons

Lessons are a great idea actually. Observations are what people usually fail on because they're critical to being safe on a bike.

I've been taught the following:

Say we're coming up to a roundabout in the left-hand lane but we're turning right.

Mirrors, signal, shoulder check, move to right hand lane, on the right hand section of the lane.
Look right and left, if safe move out. As you pass the last exit before turning off, left mirror, signal, shoulder check, move left to turn off. Then just before exiting the round about right hand shoulder check - just to make sure noone's cutting you up.

I've been taught to look into the space. If there's an area where someone could be there before you make any sort of direction change, have a look.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices