Skip to content

Ask an Expert Are AGV Stealth anti-scratch visors crap? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Are AGV Stealth anti-scratch visors crap?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

Are AGV Stealth anti-scratch visors crap?

Dear MCN

Do you know of anyone else who has problems with the AGV ‘stealth’ helmet and the so called anti scratch visor on it? I say so called, because although I have used a clean soft cloth and water to get muck off mine, within a week of using it, the visor is scratched to hell.

My last helmet was an AGV (I think it was the next model up from the current stealth one) and the visor on that is a tiny bit scratched but, and this is the annoying thing, I had that nearly 6 years.

Call me cynical but do you think that visors made of easy scratch material are any thing to do with the fact that the stealth visor is removable and a new one is 30 notes a time? Why can’t the damn things all be made of the same stuff? At this rate I am going to be replacing the visor every month.

I don’t expect I will get any where if I complain to AGV as they will no doubt accuse me of using a scouring pad to get the flies off with.

In short I don’t rate it, if you don’t crash because you can’t see out of the damn thing, then you will almost certainly go deaf if you don’t keep your ear plugs in as the wind noise is incredible unless you look down at the petrol tank while you are riding.

Regards

Martin Webster

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 September 2009 12:55)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davidstowe358

Jun 08

AGV

I had an AGV a couple of years ago and I did a 130 miles trip to see family, It was raining and I needed to keep wiping the visor as you do. By the time I got there I couldn't see though it, very bad will never buy one again stick with arai.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ian Version 2.0™

Aug 08

Seems like quite an issue

I got an AGV S-4 at X-mas and while I cant fault the fit and comfort of the helmet the visor really sucks!

It seems to be made out of a really brittle plastic compared to other visors (not good considering the visor loading system) and picks up scratches like nothing I've seen before!

I've been looking around for a non-official replacement visor that will hopefully be made out of a better material.

I've managed to take a picture which shows the problem. Don't forget, this visor is less than 2 months old and has only been cleaned with warm water and paper towels.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/GibsonX/DSC00005.jpg

Reply to this Topic
jeansonline

Feb 10

jeansonline says:

designer jeans

New arrival of the True Religion Jeans for the men and women.Where would we all be without Seven jeans?No!Shop for the latest fashion trends from a large selection of brands Seven for mankind now.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Ian Version 2.0™

Aug 08

No reply AGV?

Interesting to see that I've had no reply from AGVuk after posting the photo and explaining how new my AGV visor is.

Out of interest how would I go about getting my visor inspected by the manufacturer? I bought it off a store online so returning it will be a real pain.

I'd go so far as to say that a visor that withstands everyday wear so poorly is actually unfit for purpose and the comments on this site would seem to back that up.

Not impressed!

Reply to this Topic
oakwoodphil

Mar 10

oakwoodphil says:

anyone tried alternate replacements

I too - regrettably - switched from Arai, where I managed 10 years of no scratch problems with different helmets, but kept transferring over the visor as I'd invested in an fog city insert. I bought the AGVoff the back of it's high saftey rating combined with anti-scratch & fog claims (er, and it was cheap! oh, and free tinted visor). Very dissappointed, but quite like the helmet, so I wondered if anyone has tried alternates, like bob heath's, I can't really see any point in wasting money on an AGV replacement.

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

Visor

Just got an AGV helmet at xmas and i'm starting to worry that it might not have been a good idea. As for replacement visors, I bought a Bob Heath visor last year for a Driver helmet and I must say the quality seems really good. No scratches on that yet.

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

pay for what you get

Unfortunately there is a reason that Arai and shoie helmats are so bloody expensive. Quality.

I have only ever put a helmet from these 2 brands on my head in 25 years of riding, I change helmets every 4 to 5 years and have never had to replace the visor before the helmet.

You only have 1 head so stick something good around it.

Tom

Reply to this Topic
jeansonline

Feb 10

jeansonline says:

jeans

Whether you are looking for [url=http://www.jean-jeans.com/]True Religion Jeans[/url] or [url=http://www.jean-jeans.com/]Seven Jeans[/url],here is your best choice.Huge selection of the [url=http://www.jean-jeans.com/]Seven for mankind[/url].New arrival,get it as yourself now.

Reply to this Topic
oakwoodphil

Mar 10

oakwoodphil says:

Bob Heath replacement

just ordered & received a Bob Heath replacement @ £26.50 inc P&P, I'll report back if I have any issues.. Only just got it so not used yet, but it feels much better quality than the original.

Reply to this Topic
Ian Version 2.0™

Aug 08

Cheers Phil

Let us know how you find it please mate. Considering it's cheaper than an AVG replacement then I think I'll have to get one.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices