Skip to content

General Been done for speeding in Derbyshire ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Been done for speeding in Derbyshire ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fossil

Aug 02

fossil says:

Been done for speeding in Derbyshire ?

Long story cut short.

I know someone in the police force and had cause to ring him today to report that two 30mph limit signs had been put on the correct side of a school and the limit for that road reduced from 40 to 30 but the old 40mph signs the other side of the school had been left in place. His reply was "yes we know, it's up to the council to remove those old 40 signs but they just can't afford to, all we can do is request that they do. There's lots of places in Derbyshire like that and the limit is unenforceable if anyone disputes it, there's also a lot of places where the limit signs should be illuminated and either the lights aren't working or have never been fitted in the first place, which again is down to the council, they're also unenforceable should anyone dispute a ticket"

I think the "if anyone disputes it" statement means they are still sending tickets out knowing they could get rolled over in court or "if" anyone is bold enough to dispute them.

Make of that what you will.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 September 2009 15:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

I got clicked

by a camera doing 40 in a 30 about 4 years ago.  (It was a wide road and about 06:00 on a Saturday morning).  I threw the NIP in the bin and have never heard any more about it.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Yeah, but you're Special aren't you?

:smiley:

Reply to this Topic
MrHarlequin

Aug 02

MrHarlequin says:

They

Probably didn't believe a BMW would (could?) be speeding and put the camera in for a service. :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
kinderlingers

May 06

Harlequin.....

LMAO!

:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN