Skip to content

Products Tyre advice: Slippy roads in Southern Spain Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > Tyre advice: Slippy roads in Southern Spain

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

Tyre advice: Slippy roads in Southern Spain

I have recently moved to southern Spain and I ride a Ducati Monster S4RS. Compare and buy motorcycle tyres I have ridden my bike a few times since living here but I am having serious trouble with grip, as the roads aren't too great, I have lost the rear several times under acceleration but, more worryingly, have lost the front under braking....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 September 2009 15:37)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
agent365

Mar 09

agent365 says:

I also live in southern spain,in fact,i live in Gibraltar,and almost every sunday,we hit the spanish roads,especially from Marbella to Ronda.The roads are beautiful,but can be lethal,if not carefull.In the subject of roads being slippy,i found out it was more to do with the heat generated by the tyres,due to the high temperatures down here.I had Dunlop qualifiers rr,fitted on my bike,but the intense road temperature made the compound of the tyre work against me.I sorted this out,by fitting the bike with Dunlop Roadsmarts,a much harder compound tyre,and it surely did the trick.I dnt get my knees down anymore due to age,but i go as fast as before,without having any scares from a much softer compo tyre.

Reply to this Topic
oldplodder

Oct 12

oldplodder says:

Slippy roads.

As i've lived here for 14 years, i suppose i've got used to the coating of dust on the roads in the Almeria area, including the A1102, and the pine needles on my favourite mountain roads. I've owned all sorts of bikes since i've been here, and yes they can squirm a bit under pressure. There are plenty of Ducati Monsters over here, so i would speak to the Spanish owners by sign language if necessary, and see what they think. I've ridden in many countries, and i love the Spanish roads. If you can get to a track day at Almeria, there are usually a few Ducatis there on road tyres. Have a look at what they have fitted. They are usually a friendly bunch, and only too willing to help if they can. There are often tyre trucks there as well, so they will advise you on road tyres. The track can be just as dusty as the roads, as it's the only desert in Europe. Most of the tracks have regular track days, so there must be one within riding distance. The Ascari race resort in Ronda is probably the closest to you. Good luck and enjoy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle