Skip to content

Discuss This Revised 2010 Honda Fireblade brings all-new colours & tweaks New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Revised 2010 Honda Fireblade brings all-new colours & tweaks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Revised 2010 Honda Fireblade brings all-new colours & tweaks

Honda’s CBR1000RR and CBR1000RR C-ABS lead a blizzard of tweaked and colour-changed Hondas for 2010.    Find a Honda Fireblade for sale Under the new paintschemes a handful of subtle crankshaft-focused changes aim to make the bike a stronger platform for racing.  Read the Honda Fireblade review The new Fireblades get:      - Sharper rear styling with revised shape and new tail-light with clear...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 September 2009 09:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

oil is the least of the problems

I think your exaggerating the oil issue slim, I've known very few Fireblades that have actually burnt oil. More worrying is the marked reduction in build quality, the rusting exhausts made of cheap metal, the flimsy cheap plastics and fittings. Honda's reputation for build quality won't last long unless they stop cutting corners with cheap materials on their flagship models. They are still better than Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki but there has been a noticeable reduction in build quality since around 2003. It seems they are pulling a mercedes, and haven't learnt that it takes much longer to build a reputation for quality than it takes to lose one.

Reply to this Topic
vmaxbloke

Mar 04

vmaxbloke says:

2010 Firegrate

Maybe Honda should give a freebie can of oil with each bike......... better still, a can of black paint!

Black or Repsol.

Reply to this Topic
banarnaman

Aug 09

banarnaman says:

Head turner......

Had 06 blade, awsome piece of kit but needed to change cos too many miles on it. Took out new one and was well happy with it except........coudnt get over how pig ugly it was (personal opinion). I didnt even look back at it after test ride. For me, no matter how much the colours change the basic shape remains the same." Great ride, shame about the face "

Reply to this Topic
Deathace

Aug 04

Deathace says:

wtf are honda up to?

I must say I think the colours and decals are getting worse, I am glad I got a plain red last year at least it looks half decent half the shit honda are coming up with is a joke.

Re oil burning alas I will put my hands up and say I own one. When I had the oil changed at 600 by 1000 miles the oil was off the dip stick so took it back to dealer and they changed the oil to measure how much in 600 miles it used when I took it back it worked out at 768ml per 1000 miles which is absolutely rediculous but for me at least I have a great bike and adding oil to it before I use it is part of the course now, I must say I wont be buying another any time soon.

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Deathace & Evilamnesiac

My 08 Fireblade was burning 1.5 litres (10W30) per 1000 miles. I had to set my second trip so that I would remember to put in 500 mls of oil after every 300 miles. They were expecting this because the 06/07 bike has a sight glass, and then suddenly the 08 blade has a dipstick!!?? Hmmm!

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Oil burners?

Bikes should burn naff all oil, like no top ups needed between services, or at the very list have a sight glass...  My gixxer thou K8 ticks both boxes: the sight glass is almost redundant because in >10k variable miles, including three days on track, it's never burned more than a teaspoon full.

Blade build quality visibly went from top of the class in 2006 to dullard in 2008, did it on the suffer inside too?  Caveat emptor.  Will 2011 will bring an unreliable V4, with combined brakes-throttle-steering-gearshift, all housed in beautiffully painted papier mache chassis...

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Oil burners?

Bikes should burn naff all oil, like no top ups needed between services, or at the very list have a sight glass...  My gixxer thou K8 ticks both boxes: the sight glass is almost redundant because in >10k variable miles, including three days on track, it's never burned more than a teaspoon full.

Blade build quality visibly went from top of the class in 2006 to dullard in 2008, did it on the suffer inside too?  Caveat emptor.  Will 2011 will bring an unreliable V4, with combined brakes-throttle-steering-gearshift, all housed in beautiffully painted papier mache chassis...

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Des

No one is denying that the blade burns oil and shouldn't, yours certainly sounds like it at the extreme end of the spectrum, like I said. most don't burn oil, or burn very little. but a 10k bike shouldn't burn any oil. if your oil consumption figures are correct you should have returned the bike to Honda and remanded a replacement/refund! But its merely another sign of Honda slip from the top spot of the build quality leader board to somewhere between Cagiva and Kymco!

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Okay...

So I went a little over the top... It was a bad day.

Just venting some rage as people seem to like to boast about their new bikes and the power to weight ratios and the suspension and such like. They then get kitted up in their kangaroo leathers and carbon helmets and set out for a Sunday run rarely exceeding 100mph... Of course the limit is a max of 70mph apart from the yearly run to the Isle of 'Men' but does that not highlight the complete over the topness of these machines? A bike 'limited' to 186mph that rarely sees 100mph is something of a strange waste of time.

Lots of people will direct me towards track days and the likes but very few attend these and very few will have the 'conkers' to hit max speed and even fewer will be able to ride the bike like it was built to be ridden.

I'm off on a tangent again. The Honda looks good but for the price it would be cheaper and more fun to buy an older bike and spend a few quid on the suspension, brakes, fueling and exhaust system.

As for oil and miles etc... My little baby ZX6R has 38500 miles on her and she has been heavily abused since 13000miles when I bought her. A flat out run is a requirement of a days riding along with the addictive wheelies and hyper corner taking. I burn very little oil and have had absolutely no issues with the engine. If I was to blow the engine to bits I am safe in the knowledge that £500 will by me a decent replacement as oppose to a few thousand for these newer models.

Maybe I'm a little too hands on and people prefer to have a warranty and let others in about their machines. The Blade is a nice bike and looks the piece plus no doubt performs phenomenally, I just wouldn't have one..........

Reply to this Topic
kacey59

Aug 09

kacey59 says:

They can paint them what ever colour they like, it'll still be a Honda...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices