Skip to content

General Riding with Full beam headlights General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Riding with Full beam headlights

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

norfolknchance

Aug 05

Riding with Full beam headlights

Was riding into work this morning when I had a ZZR600 follow me along the Soham by-pass with his headlights on full beam, practically obliterating my rear view entirely. Now I ride with my headlights on (don't have a choice on the D675) but not on full beam, this must irritate car drivers as much as it did me. I can understand the need for high visability but at the cost of dazzling and irritating other road users is a self defeating excersise at best.

PS visability was good, overcast but good.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 September 2009 11:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Most will agree

having super-bright lights is counter-productive.  It dazzles other road users and annoys them.  Funnily enough, I only ever see them in the summer.  In the dark depths of winter riders manage with normal lights.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
skettie

Jul 09

skettie says:

being seen

i thought was very important in the biking world so i was really suprised when i went into a bike shop for reflective gear only to be told they dont stock it just use your full beam at all times ...:wacko:needless to say i did not take the advise for the reasons just mentioned!!:tongue::tongue:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

55W

I just tend to stick with a 55W quartz halogen bulb - enough of an upgrade to light your way and research shows it makes you most visible without blinding people.

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Yes

It is most irritating:mad:

R100R - You wouldn't be having a go at the fair weather Ker nigits would you????

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Megalomania

It's just the WMC members, that's the World Megalomaniac Club.  It's the 'look at me I'm special' brigade, seen in all walks of life drivers and motocyclists included.  Can be recognised by the aforementioned headlight tricks, using up two spaces at the car park when one will do, etc. etc. This is quite often curable, to an extent, ie when one's delusion wains as their brand new machine gets a few dents or scratches on it, possibly from irate drivers who can't find a space to park, that kind of thing.  Then there are the incurables, they will park their BMW and 4X4 so close to your car that you have to get in the passengers side and clamber across, anything to bring your attention to their sad little life.  Sad to say that I have a brother who suffers from these delusions, that's how I know about them.  Feel sorry for the bastards then run a key along the offending vehicle.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Megalomania

It's just the WMC members, that's the World Megalomaniac Club.  It's the 'look at me I'm special' brigade, seen in all walks of life drivers and motocyclists included.  Can be recognised by the aforementioned headlight tricks, using up two spaces at the car park when one will do, etc. etc. This is quite often curable, to an extent, ie when one's delusion wains as their brand new machine gets a few dents or scratches on it, possibly from irate drivers who can't find a space to park, that kind of thing.  Then there are the incurables, they will park their BMW and 4X4 so close to your car that you have to get in the passengers side and clamber across, anything to bring your attention to their sad little life.  Sad to say that I have a brother who suffers from these delusions, that's how I know about them.  Feel sorry for the bastards then run a key along the offending vehicle.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

It may be just

badly adjusted lights. Maybe had an "off" and had the fairing off etc. Perhaps a quiet word would suffice?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle