Skip to content

Discuss This Performance Bikes editor wanted General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Performance Bikes editor wanted

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Performance Bikes editor wanted

Performance Bikes, the UK’s best sportsbike magazine, is looking for a new editor. The magazine is making significant circulation gains in tough market conditions, and the new editor will ensure that that progress continues. Candidates must have the following qualifications:- Experience in motorcycling journalism- Extensive knowledge of the motorcycle industry- An affinity with PB and a vision for developing the magazine- The ability to work...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 September 2009 13:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

where's TT going then?

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Timmy Tommo Going???

Wont be the same!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

PB job

Sounds like a job for my 3 year old Niece

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Now...

Would it not be wiser to promote within and then find an outsider to take up a more junior role? There must be a lot of fantastic people at PB who would be more than suited to this position and able to fully maximise the magazines potentials.

Bringing in someone new and changing the direction of the magazine when it is on the 'up' could have dramatic effects on the climb to the top and alienate freshly acquired readers who are getting used to the layouts and the articles within the magazine.

If PB is looking for a resident 'ranter' then I'll be happy to provide my CV... I've got no experience of anything but a super large ego and a mis-informed opinion which is heavily slanted towards the negative things in life. Suppose I would be the ideal character for bike reviews but then I can't ride a bike at a million miles an hour on the back wheel without first ending up in a field on my backside. Experience is invaluable though and I am sure on my next attempt I will avoid the car and make straight for the hedge in order to minimise the insurance liabilities.........

Reply to this Topic
FazerMonkey

Aug 08

FazerMonkey says:

Thompson to Bike? here's hoping.....

I hope Tim Thompson is going back to Bike magazine, the years he was there were the best the mag had ever looked and had the most interesting and inovative features it's ever had. That Steve Rose bloke is on a blinkered crusade to turn Bike magazine into 70's Bike Nostalgia monthly. I'd been buying Bike mag for almost 20 years until a few months back when I just ran out of patience with Rose and his writing and editing style. Here's hoping Tim is going back to Bike so that he can finally kill off that feckin Ogri shit (aren't we a tad more sophisticated as a nation now?) and so Rose can f$$k off back to Classic Bike mag......shame for PB aswell, he's a great editor, just pray that Rose doesn't end up there or he'll ruin it!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
GreenTea

Aug 09

GreenTea says:

Why a full time editor?

Why not have a different "guest editor" every month?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices