You are in... Forums > General > General > Not stable when getting my knee down

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cooljig

Jul 08

cooljig says:

Not stable when getting my knee down

Hi all, I have found that when i am cornering quickly i can get my knee which i have to say feels good, but i ride a 1200cc bandit which i know is not a sports bike but it seems like it is fighting through the corner. So is it that only sports bikes corner smoothly or do i need to tweek the setup on my bike. And just to say that my tyres are michelin pilot's loads of tred and up to the right presure?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 September 2009 16:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

A little harsh

Mate??

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

bandit knee down

I used to get my knee down all the time on my Bandit 600. I've even got an excellent pic of me in the IOM with peg, toe, ankle, calf AND knee down (and No I wasn't crashing either).

I stopped doing it in the end, fitted titanium rods into my footpegs and decked them out instead. Much more impressive with sparks everywhere.

If I can get the photo scanned, I'll post it up sometime.

I used to use Pirelli Dragons, but I now realise they were wasted on that bike. A good sports/touring compound would have been better....

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

photo's

[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd3/eatcs01/Bungaloweverythingdown.jpg[/IMG]

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

I'll try again

bloody computers

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

eatcs01

I don't know WHY it put me as anonymouse. I'm right here.... :mad:

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Erm.......

Could it be simply that he's in a too-high-a-gear???

most of the guys you see wobbling round on trackdays compaining their tyres are shit are atleast 1 or 2 gears too high so they are getting no clean drive .....

Need plenty of revs to be comfy when your leaning, try keeping the bike in 3rd and allow the revs to flow through and feather the throttle to maintain a constant rpm

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Cool

Thats a cool pic of you on the Bandit with your knee down. How the hell did you manage that?

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Not stable when getting my knee down

Surely instability is a prerequisite for attempting to get your knee down on public roads?

:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Cool pic?

if you look at the actual lean angle, its fook all!

Mike the bike would turn in his....etc!

Also, is the bike actually moving, seems to have an awful lot of front brake:sleep:

and yes, I do know its a 2yr old thread

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Well

I always say, if your finding your bike moving around and not feeling "planted", your 9/10 times in the wrong gear.

more revs = more grip (unless your too low down whereby it will just see-saw you).

Rubber is important too but ive been able to get peg-down on tyres people class as soap lol (Conti Road Attacks). :mellow:

in terms of altering geometry and suspension, it CAN make a little difference, the bandit 12 does have reasonable suspension and can carry its weight better than most big capacity road bikes. 

If you ever do a trackday, see the suspension and brake settings guys, they will really sort your machine out to handle :laugh:

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices