Skip to content

Ask an Expert Module 2 - Examiner. Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Module 2 - Examiner.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ikonoklast

Jun 09

Ikonoklast says:

Module 2 - Examiner.

I just passed my Module 2 on the first attempt (3 minors). Just wanted to give a heads up to OneWay in Clacton for helping me pass - grade A tuition.

Another thing - the examiners.

People think they're out to get you and such.

My minors were for leaving an indicator on, SPEEDING and parking too close to a car.

Let me elaborate.

For leaving an indicator on he said i left it on but not for enough time to affect someone dangerously.

For speeding, he said i was going a bit fast in a 30.
I was doing this because there were NO repeater signs and the cars in front were doing 40. I glanced in my mirror and noticed the examiner was lagging. I promptly slowed to 30. He said it would have been a major, but because i noticed my mistake and corrected it without dangerously affecting anyone it was a minor.

When he asked me to pull up, he said i coulda left a bigger gap between me and the van i parked behind. He also said i pulled out on a car, but because there was a little distance between us and it didn't have to slow down, it was only a minor.

This post is just really to say 'good riddance' to the L plates, and that examiners aren't as bad as people make out. He spotted my mistakes but gave me the benefit of the doubt because he could see i'd corrected them.

The only stumper now is that i've gotta wait til Monday for my Thundercat to be ready :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 September 2009 16:27)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Congratulations!

Always good to hear of another rider getting rid of the 'L' plates.

I'm guessing that wasn't on a 125 if you're getting a Thundercat?

Reply to this Topic
Ikonoklast

Jun 09

Ikonoklast says:

Yeah i did it on a Honda CB500...nice bike but not for me. I've already got my ride sorted but it needed tyres and things and de-restricting so it's not in for MOT until Monday. It's agony having to wait! Going out on my 125 without the L's on was quite liberating though!

But yeah really i found the test quite easy, even though i was bags of nerves both times.

Reply to this Topic
shanep

Jul 09

shanep says:

Congrats!!

Diff examiner diff attitute - but they're all bikers so you'd expect some compassion.  Really though, they need to put competent riders on the roads so I guess that's what they're interested in.

Enjoy the lack of L plates..

Reply to this Topic
cooljig

Jul 08

cooljig says:

Nice one !!

Well done and welcome to the world of biking.

ride safe mate:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices