Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha R6 gets power boost for 2010 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha R6 gets power boost for 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Yamaha R6 gets power boost for 2010

Yamaha has boosted the midrange power of its dominant YZF-R6 in an attempt to broaden the appeal and performance of its 16,000rpm supersport screamer. The firm, keen to re-emphasise the R6 as the bike which benefits from race-derived technology first, still doesn’t give it a crossplane crank however. Find a Yamaha R6 for sale The midrange-boost comes from tweaks to the variable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (08 September 2009 17:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Antnee_

Feb 06

Antnee_ says:

Is it me or is that exhaust quite a bit longer?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

No it's not you Antee, the exhaust is quite a bit longer. Detracts from the looks compared to the current model.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

looks to be!

Just pulled a piccy of the 08 model, its longer and thinner, still a good looking bike though!

Reply to this Topic
hubbax

Sep 09

hubbax says:

errrrrr

like the long look,not sure bout that exhaust though,nice little power cone would be a treat.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

2010 R6

Well I'm sticking with my lovely 08 model. A PC111 sorted out the mid range and dosen't everyone change the can anyway? Was holding out for some major changes but I guess the recession has put this on hold for  a while??

Reply to this Topic
dancbr600

Aug 09

dancbr600 says:

:(

Looks great apart from the exhaust!

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

IF...

... I was in the market for a new 600cc then this would be the bike for me. Finished in the blue and white.

Good looking machine. If I already had an 07-08 plate R6 then I would be keeping it though... Awesome looking machine and even thought the alterations for the new bike aren't too far from the old one at least Yamaha have managed to do a little more than ONLY changing the paint scheme like all the other manufacturers are doing.

Reply to this Topic
XELA

Mar 04

XELA says:

R6 M1 race rep

I'd like it in the James Toesland england scheme or the new Black/yellow.As for the exhaust I agree we usually change the end can-i'd like a road legal Termignoni like the old Yamahas had as standard.

Reply to this Topic
Tordy3002

Apr 09

Tordy3002 says:

OMG that exhaust and tail are nasty. Why are so many new bikes having the number plate mounted that way? So that everyone goes out and buys a tail tidy?

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

2011 hitting 2010 sales.

The problem is who is going to buy this? If the new Yamaha R6 coming out in 2011 is as good as it has been made out to be in this weeks MCN, then why would anyone part with their cash and buy an 2009 model. Best to put it in the bank for a year and buy the new more stylish, advanced version in 12 months or so.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices