Skip to content

Ask an Expert Problems with my Husqvarna - Need help Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Problems with my Husqvarna - Need help

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikerXtina

Sep 09

BikerXtina says:

Problems with my Husqvarna - Need help

Hi all, I have brought a Husqvarna SM610S 2005 a few months ago and I have had nothing but problems with it :upset:

It keeps backfiring and it will have no pull or power, it's so hard to ride as it is. Sometimes it will backfire loads and be totally unridable and other times it's not so bad.

I have checked the air box, taken apart the carb, checked the petrol tank the pipes and the fuel tap. I have changed the spark plug. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 September 2009 10:23)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

It may

be worth checking if there's any leaks on the intake manifold, between carb and cylinder head, also check exhaust for any leaks at joints, especially if the spark plug was looking very light colour getting towards white. Also exhaust baffles might need looking at, sometimes they can break loose.

You may also need to look at electrical side of things, there could be a short circuit at kill switch, bad earth anywhere, particularly ignition coil, bad spark plug cap or high tension lead. Also ignition timing may be out of adjustment  slightly. Also check ignition switch if it has one, damp could have got in or contacts got dirty.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Has someone

been having a go at you smidget? :blink:

I'm not an expert either:biggrin:

Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure:lol::laugh:

Reply to this Topic
BikerXtina

Sep 09

BikerXtina says: