Skip to content

General Seen a dead biker today please ride safe. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Seen a dead biker today please ride safe.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wackjonny50

Sep 09

wackjonny50 says:

Seen a dead biker today please ride safe.

On a serious note,seen a dead biker on the floor this morning
Guys and gals take ya time and watch out for foolish drivers.

This has really disturbed me.

This morning I set off to work at 6:15 am,got to a set off traffic lights where police fire engines ambulances every where.

I could see a biker lying in the road helmet in black leathers just a few yards after the lights where they had blocked off the traffic,there was no ambulance driver attending him...... I then called my mate as goose bumps went all over my arms to advice him what I'd seen being a bit shaken to take his time being a fellow biker.

Couldn't stop thinking about the guy lying in the road I wished I never seen him.

A MOTORCYCLIST died after falling from his bike in Bulwell.
The 32-year-old man, from the Aspley area, came off his blue Piaggio 125cc bike just after 6am yesterday at the junction of Norwich Gardens and Camberley Road.
He suffered multiple injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Sandhurst Road and Camberley Road – between the Blenheim Industrial Estate and Squire Avenue – were closed in both directions after the incident.
Police want witnesses and anyone who was in the Camberley Road and Norwich Gardens area at around 6am to contact Notts Police on 0300 3009999 and ask for PC Dominic Bramley on ext 2265 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

The reason I have posted this is for you guys and gals to please be careful and hope I never see this again.

Thoughts go to his family

RIP

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 September 2009 18:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

Kegsie

Are you assuming that the guys helmet was removed by someone at the scene, not by ambulance crew?

First thing you do if a casualty is not breathing, get the helmet off, you havn't got time to be worrying about spinal injury here, there is a way to do it to reduce the risk of that which I think you should be taught along with basic CPR procedure.

Sounds like this poor guy was probably dead before he hit the floor though.

Kind of puts it into perspective though, gave me the shivers!, I think the best bit of advice I have had is assume that no one can see you while your riding.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

WJ

Firstly my thoughts go out to the friends and family of a fallen rider. :upset: RIP

However, your sudden 'Mother Theresa like' concern for our well being ..to quote  :-

'The reason I have posted this is for you guys and gals to please be careful and hope I never see this again.'

... rings a tad insincere and 'two faced' when, at the same time,  over on your site you and your 'friends' are calling us all 'b*stards' on here .  :huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Well actually, londonangel...

I was merely asking a question.  The assumption, 'sounds like', is not mine.

Reply to this Topic
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

Kegsie, I wasn't being funny, seriously I wasn't, I just got the impression you thought it was a bad thing that his helmet may have been removed by someone other tha ambulance crew......sorry if you thought I was having a go, I wasn't, maybe I didn't write my response that well :smile

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I'm not sure...

wether there was another vehicle involved...it reads like the poor bloke just 'Fell' off...but then how do you get 'multiple' injuries falling off a 125?:upset:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

kam

afraid i gotta reply & not having a go either ( so back off r100r & the others )

firstly is name calling all that hurtful??? as in b*stards ?? nah man its just words on a screen ...

secondly how can it be " a tad insincere & two faced " the man is merely telling all to take care , as he is also human & a biker just like the rest of us , i wouldnt wish harm on anyone & i mean ANYONE , no matter what they type on a keyboard & direct at me i still wouldnt wish them any harm or to even witness a sight like wj saw , would you ?????

i dont think you would ( hope to fugg im right on that )

as for your reply R100R , time & place springs to mind as in this is not the thread to have a pop at anyone , me & my familys thoughts are with the dead man & ALL his friends & family

also from me to ALL ( not insincerley or two faced )

just keep it shiny side up

weaz

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

kam

b*stards just a word it doesnt hurt

" a tad insincere & two faced "?????

why is it ?? WJ is a biker & also human & i for one agree with his post ,  as in , to all on here & every other bike forum pls take care ppl

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Old (ish) git

How do you get multiple injuries falling off a 125?

In the same way as many racers fall off in excess of 170mph, get up and walk away, and yet some like Wayne Rainey, and others, fall of at considerably lower speeds and either end up in a wheelchair or be killed.  It's all a matter of how you fall and what you hit or what hits you.  One could die from multiple injuries falling from a push bike or tripping up the kerb.  There are a lot of mechanical bits inside us and some are pretty fragile if hit the wrong way; like being wrapped around a lamppost at 60mph.  Just not built for it you see.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

to all concerned

on any thread like this it would be good see all members put there personal vendettas aside and spare a thought for the fallen and thier family, should be one time all our attention lies with them, who knows it could be you next time:upset:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

ally600

yer bang on the button there man

sorry bowt this bit but >>> tell R100R that ..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices