Skip to content

Discuss This Checa stakes claim for top ride in 2010 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Checa stakes claim for top ride in 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Checa stakes claim for top ride in 2010

Carlos Checa maintains he want to continue in WSB in 2010 following a string of impressive results onboard the Ten Kate Honda. In the last four races the 36 year old Spaniard has secured three podiums which has moved him up to seventh in the overall championship standings. Despite the impressive results, Checa’s future within his current Ten Kate Honda team...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 September 2009 14:36)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

the bike...

definately had a problem but is looking a lot better, Rea and Checa are not a bad combination, I would be surprised to see two Brits in the team but Leon has shown he has what it takes along with Jonathan.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

2010 Fireblade.....

I think you will see somehting better from the big H next year.

A revised engine in the road bike will instantly translate to better engine traction control .... the only area the 2009 fireblade was really lacking ....

Spies will have to work hard to defend his 2009 crown ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

,,still fast

Yea Checa is getting old,, but you can't deny that he is still fast,, I say give him another chance. I would imagine that the biggest option for his seat is Vermeulin,, possible?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Rather see Checa on the bike than Vermeulen any day, dont rate him at all.

Reply to this Topic
mas0162

Jul 09

mas0162 says:

money ride

checa has been a money ride for years from 500 to motogp and now supers lets get these rides to younger guys and give them the chance to have a crack.if u look at his career how many times has he won or been on poduim not much at all. to be fair he has had some of the best bikes and stil not done much.  

Reply to this Topic
paranoid73

Sep 07

paranoid73 says:

re: money ride

I think you will find that Checa rode for nothing in 08

Reply to this Topic
shafs64

Aug 09

shafs64 says:

Don't give Vermeulin the ride. give it to someone who has a big bag of cash and can't ride. that would be great TV.

Shafs

Reply to this Topic
wozza35

Jul 09

wozza35 says:

Checca

I think there are going to be a lot of younger riders from all classes looking for a ride next season so i think they should be given a go and put this old timer out to grass

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Lots of excuses!

Checa has always been a fairly solid performer, but never really a closer! Top 3? Thats a bit optimistic methinks.  He is now doing the same types of things Elias and DeAngelis et al are doing in MotoGP trying to salvage a ride for next year. Kyonari has already seen the writing on the wall. IMO Checa would have to string together several top 5's for the remainder of the season to ensure his future at Ten Kate!

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

checa ten kate

Would nt it be great to see Toseland get the Ten Kate ride along side Rea or maybe Haslam

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices