Skip to content

Discuss This New Bike: Suzuki unveil GSX1250FA for 2010 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Bike: Suzuki unveil GSX1250FA for 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

New Bike: Suzuki unveil GSX1250FA for 2010

Suzuki is releasing the GSX1250FA as a new model for 2010 – essentially a fully-faired Bandit 1250. The new machine uses the engine and chassis from the Bandit 1250S, but with a new full fairing mimicking the GSX650F. The first pictures show a selection of genuine Suzuki touring accessories too, indicating Suzuki is pitching the bike as a cut-price all-rounder. UK price...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 September 2009 15:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

New Bandit

I think that this model looks great !!...I also think that the colour looks in keeping with the bike. I always thought that the 650 faired model looked out of place in the GSXR colours !!.

Reply to this Topic
michaelbrit

Mar 09

michaelbrit says:

New Suzuki Model

So what's the difference between this new model and my fully faired Bandit 1250 SA GT K9 with panniers fitted as standard?

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

Hmmm

Think I prefer the Triumph ST

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

I like the Sprint ST too but this will be about 2 grand cheaper I would think.

It does look quite nice though would consider a new one whereas something like the forthcoming VFR1200 will be way out of my price range.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

Fashion disasters

Suzuki have serious marketing problems if they think a guy wearing brown leather trousers is going to sell anything. "Yeah … I wanna be like THAT dude…"

As for the bike, not much to say really. Everyone knows it'll be cheap and it'll work. Ah … I get it. "Even brown leather trousers won't stop you buying this bike."

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

time

it's about time! they got it spot on with the 650, so why so long til the 1250? hope they have nicer paint schemes tho, they looks awful as they are in them pics

Reply to this Topic
strongjd

Feb 04

strongjd says:

Perfect?

On paper this should be a solid all rounder. New VFR & Sprint our nice but they are too expensive, too complex, and the running costs too high. This bike wont be popolar with the weekend warriors but will be perfect for the long distance commuters among us who expect the bike to do everything. That is with one reservation........

Will the build quality cope with the british winters?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I like this a lot! I must admit this has gotten me very excited, The problem with the bandit 1250 although agreat bike I wouldnt really have classified as long distance friendly due to the lack of wind protection. But this strikes me as near as the perfect road bike. Thankyou suzuki you have brought me and a lot of other I know the near perfect bike. I look forward to the write ups

Reply to this Topic
wheelerdj

Sep 09

wheelerdj says:

Great idea, but please Suzuki UK import it in some interesting and bright colours, red for example. Not those boring three tone red white and blue Suzuki racing colours that you to push on all your current machines. Other European countries' importers import brighter colours, why so many dark colours in the UK?

Also, make sure decent crash bungs are available for the GSX-F that don't need your dealers to have to take a hacksaw or core drill to the fairing in order to fit them. No-one wants to spend out on a new bike these days and risk dropping it, especially during those first few rides with a new bike when you're most likely to drop it anyway. They want the assurance of crash bungs to guard that lower fairing that's so expensive to replace. (Let's face it; who hasn't dropped a bike at some time - mostly those telling porkies - we've all done it at sometime and if you told me you hadn't I wouldn't believe you). It's about time manufacturers fitted crash bungs as standard.

Reply to this Topic
RedLion

Dec 08

RedLion says:

Having just gone from a GSX750F to a Blackbird, Suzuki could be right on the money here.  If they give it a decent tank range and decent suspension they could be on to a very capable affordable all-rounder.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices