Skip to content

Discuss This Buell shuts down production lines as sales drop General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Buell shuts down production lines as sales drop

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Buell shuts down production lines as sales drop

American firm Buell is shutting down production at the East Troy factory in Wisconsin for two months as a result of low sales. Buell is part of the Harley-Davidson group and will be closing production facilities from October 30 until January 4, 2010. The closure will result in the temporary laying off of 50 staff. Parent company Harley-Davidson is temporarily halting production...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 September 2009 16:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Not Overly Suprised......

The faired bikes look like they have been designed by a 1960's helmet shaper ... couldnt buell see that the 1125RR looks disgusting???? decent bike let down by something which looks dated for 1990's GSX750F

Reply to this Topic
ayrshirenutter

Jan 09

not surprised

Buell is always on discount in the states.you can't give em away

Reply to this Topic
realtec

Jul 04

realtec says:

Buell Mule

I have a Firebolt and was really excited to hear about the new 1125R. When I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes, what an abortion ! I cannot understand how that design was passed for production. Buell screwed up big style. So it's not suprising the factory is struggling. Erik, if you're reading this, get that bloody front fairing sorted.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Get it sorted. . .

I did purchase a new bike this past Spring.  The Buell 1125 Cafe Racer was one of three bikes I was seriously considering.  The Cafe Racer with the optional, higher bar is actually quite comfortable.  I lost interest when I found out that to adjust the valves on the new Rotax engine one must first drop the engine from the frame.  That would represent one very expensive service.  What is it with Harley Davidson?  Didn't they make the same mistake with the V-Rod, another piece of cutting edge engineering that requires dropping the engine to adjust the valve clearances?   America is a big place.  If you actually ride your bike over here you easily rack up enough miles to require routine service.  If you're reading this HD, connect the dots.   

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Really???

Factory production shut down for 2 months? I'm surprised the production line was ever opened.

Reply to this Topic
ciganin

Sep 09

ciganin says:

Easy Road

Harley take the easy road out....probably because they cannot go round corners

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN