Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland in demand World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland in demand

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland in demand

While James Toseland remains focused on the final four rounds of this years MotoGP championship, long time manager Roger Burnett has revealed his desire to secure Toseland a top ride in WSB. In an exclusive interview with MCN, Burnetthas spoken candidly about Toseland’s options and intentions should he make a return to the series where he has won two world championship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 September 2009 14:27)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

SWAP is possible

According to Edwards the Tech3 has not yet finalized their line up for 2010, although Ben Spies had signed to Yamaha and take note he signed with Yamaha and not exclusively to Sterilgarda WSBK Yamaha. Edwards added that it would all depends on Spies if he will win a championship in 2009 WSBK, his option in going to MOTOGP in 2010 will be opened.

I am hoping Spies will win the 2009 WSBK, his not getting younger going to motogp as soon as possible is the right direction to undertake.

Reply to this Topic
jtfan

Jul 09

jtfan says:

the way i thought

was that Spies would be on WSB next year then possibly/probably Moto GP next year.

And to all those saying they wont watch without a Brit- try giving the likes of Bradley Smith, Scott Redding and Danny Webb a watch. They are the talent of the future. I watched Moto GP before JT came into it, and I shall continue wacthing afterwards.

Personally if I was JT, I would firm up a quality ride in WSB and tell Yamaha where to stick it. I also think a battle between JT and Spies would be a proper cracking one that I would happily pay to watch (but not camping!!)

I wish JT all the luck in the world with whatever he does next year (and for the rest of this season)

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Plug

All this story is a plug for the paper. There is nothing better at the moment it seems to get us brit gp fans excited and agitated than JT so we are all gonna rush out and get MCN today. As there is nothing concrete I expect the article will tell everything we already knew or guessed. There is nothing wrong in plugging yr paper MCN but I personaly can't wait for the whole situation to be resolved with JT. He has given us plenty to cheer over the years with WSB and new brit in Motogp and I hope he continues in Motogp.

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

It Depends on Haga

Spies has been signed by Yamaha to go GP racing so they do not lose Him like Suzukii did. He has the choice to go GP or stay in WSB. It now depends on whether or not He wins the championship, which Haga is really his only rival.

So Haga wins and Spies stays in WSB to win the crown next year

Spies wins and off He goes to moto GP

As for James, He will lose his seat because he is simply not good in this arena.

And they all lived happily ever after..........................................................

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

spies !!

will you dickheads all stop bangin on anout spies kickin JT out of  tech 3 next year.. read the article below from mcn a few weeks ago..  straight from the horses mouth girls !!

WSB sensation Ben Spies has ended months of speculation over his future by signing a two year deal with Yamaha Motor Europe. His new contract is expected to see him remain in WSB in 2010 before switching to MotoGP in 2011 with the Yamaha satellite squad.

Spies said: "I am very happy to say that I will remain a part of the Yamaha family and will continue in the WSB series for 2010. This is an exciting period of my racing career and I look forward to even more. Yamaha has been great in the warm welcome that I have received entering the world level and I want to thank them for all they have done, and giving me their trust for a next career step into MotoGP in 2011

Reply to this Topic
spottywati

Jan 08

spottywati says:

SPIES

Lets face it , none of us no whats going on . What articals says means shit until contracts are signed.       JT will be very lucky if hes in moto gp next year as his riding has been poor this year . Spies would be good for motogp..We will just have to wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

phinmac

Under new motoGP regulations, Spies is unable to jump straight onto a factory bike (unless there is no customer bike - Suzuki).

My understanding is Spies has signed a 2 year deal with Yamaha, so if he doesn't win the WSB this year, he'll do it next year before transferring to motoGP (Tech 3)

If he does win, he will transfer to motoGP and take Toseland's seat with the possibility of a factory bike in 2011.

If this was not the case, why has JT not signed a contract and it is all down to what Spies does?

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Shame on MCN

For getting all the British MotoGP fans all lathered up again! This story is total bullshit, designed to work up some hits on the site. As has been stated previously Nothing is finished until the contracts have been signed. And the fact of the matter is Spies actual contract verbiage is unknown to all us mortals. Believe what you read in the press if you wish. Either way JT shouldn't wait around for the door to hit him the arse. Act now or you'll still be standing when the music stops.

Reply to this Topic
bridgestoney

Jul 09

bridgestoney says:

More Crap than News

So fed up with the sun style headlines that mcn uses every week in the comic and now online, you waste hours looking at stories about rossi that arent even close to true, where does he say what the headline says? Nowhere! Then toseland in demand, his manager is talking to teams, how is that in demand or why is that news, of course he is thats what managers do, if you have no news on actual transfers or deals then shut up, journalism no, news no, people living of our hard earned money yes, so fed up with you lot now involved in setting up a new bike site that has real news, stories and interviews, no sensationalism or crap headlines just straight info like we all like and deserve, anyone reading this wants to drop me a note will be happy to let you know when we are online. email:joelg1974@googlemail.com

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

in demand my backside

There are a lot of riders out there after good rides in all classes ,if he is waiting for a motogp ride wait on but tech3 must be thinking, can't you take a hint james!? , if he can get a top ride in wsb take it!, its his best option and thats if ?  i might add!! ,even if he was to stay in moto gp by some miracle another season like this one and he would be lucky to get a ride delivering take aways ,time to face it ,as far as moto gp's are concerned he is as popular as swine flu!! The in demand for wsb is just hype

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices