Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland in demand World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland in demand

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland in demand

While James Toseland remains focused on the final four rounds of this years MotoGP championship, long time manager Roger Burnett has revealed his desire to secure Toseland a top ride in WSB. In an exclusive interview with MCN, Burnetthas spoken candidly about Toseland’s options and intentions should he make a return to the series where he has won two world championship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 September 2009 14:27)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Spies to motogp?

Personally, i hope Spies doesnt go to motogp, lets face it, its crap!!!! boring racing, primadonna riders and massively biased, he,s an awesome rider who id love to see stay in WSBK where the real racing is.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Suggestion

He could always borrow the Vals DONKEY helmet and take little shits for a ride on Clactons beach in november.

OR

stick his mike up his ar** and blow his own trumpet  

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

clacton?

grayzx7r, i see your comments havent changed at all, your just hear to try and slag off any rider you can, i remember all of the slating you give to leon haslem before the start of the season, didnt you say that he had no chance of getting within the top 12? time to eat your words and shut up.

Reply to this Topic
gixxer3quarter

May 08

grayzx7r

grayzx7r you obvously jelsous as JT has more talent and skill in his little toe than you could ever dream of having ok he hasn't set the world alight in GP's but wasn't exactly being embarased by the other guys and always last was he.

dude do you even ride or are you just a sad keyboard warrior that has noting better to do than come out with stupid comments on websites and slag people off just to try and justify your sad insignifcint excistance. 

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

ben52

I totally agree with what you say about how uncompetitive motogp is at the moment & if we don't have a UK rider in the top class next year then I just wont see the point in watching...even though JT isn't doing well this year I still watch & will him on hoping he'll do well! Last season he was on a bike with a bit of 'flex' & a longer wheelbase & it obviously suited him, cos he very nearly took pole at his first ever attempt, but this new short wheelbase, stiffer bike, just doesn't suit his squaring off corners WSBK style & Vermuelen is suffering this same problem & doing worse than JT! I 'm hoping JT does go back to WSBK cos its a really competitive series with lots of aggressive riding, which suits him, the reason he's not liked by motogp riders is cos they say he's too aggressive! I think JT knows he's going to WSBK & he's waiting for Spies decision cos he'll swap rides with him, but Spies will only switch if he wins the title, he'll stay in WSBK for next season if he doesn't win it! Re: Edwards, I used to be a big follower of his, thought he was a top profesional & rider, but due to the childish behaviour he's shown this season, I just can't stomach the guy...Poncheral has already stated that JT asked if he could try a new Chief Mech & Herve rubber stamped the move so it would cause competition between his riders. But the point is Herve the TEAM BOSS allowed it, as he is the only person who can! It just goes to show that Edwards wife has all children, its just that one of them is 35years old!!

Reply to this Topic
spottywati

Jan 08

spottywati says:

Slow Toseland

Edwards has kicked JTs arse all year , Thats all that matters. If you cant beat your team mate you had better watch your arse as its going to be kicked into wsbk !!!!

Reply to this Topic
philby1uk

Aug 02

philby1uk says:

Who Knows Who Cares???

Who knows if Herr Spies will be successful in Moto GP many have tried and failed to make an impression at that level Hayden is struggling on the Ducati.  Spies is no better than him.  JT won two WSB titles but has struggled.  Edwards is flattering himself on the Tech 3 and anyway none of them are a patch on Pedrosa, Lorenzo, D'ove or the Goat so what are we are talking about 'minor places' who cares!!!!

The 250 boys will grab the good rides anyway. JT for a Moto 2 ride what about it!!

Reply to this Topic
jimmysound

Aug 09

jimmysound says:

Toseland is still a f****n good rider and all this stuff about him not being able to beat Edwards is stupid. Its not a fair comparison. How many years had Edwards had to learn the tracks? How many more years has he has to adapt to a GP bike not to mention the M1? Toseland has had two years and in that time he has had some very bad accidents and had to adapt to two different tyre manufactures whilst learning all the tracks as well..

Colin Edwards might be able to sit there and comment on this and that but at the end of the day, he has had no where near as much pressure as toseland and more expereince to boot! Careful Colin, it might be you under pressure soon.

For me I hope Toseland gets a Pramac ride and things start to go right for him. If not he should be entertaining in WSB

Good luck JT!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

let's get it striaght jimmysound

The only "pressure" that JT had was from YOU GUYS and the self inflicted pressure of having to beat his teammate to justify stabbing said teammate in the back.

JT didn't have the pressure of trying to win the title did he? He didn't have the pressure of trying to beat Rossi or Lorenzo or Stoner did he? No, no one expected him to do any of that. So what pressure are you talking about? That's right, that self inflicted pressure and pressure from the Brits. No one's crying about JT's "pressure".

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

And chris313nt

Edwards has all the right to be mad.

Think about - If you where the experience rider in the team that got a pole, 2 podiums, and finished in the top 10 for a team and your teammate, a one year rider who hasn't achieved ANYTHING in MotoGP, that you beat, that you had to show the ropes to, that only claim to fame was one 2nd place qualifying and a 6th place or 2, that couldn't beat you if his life depended on it, has the f'king nerve to ask for your crew chief, how would you take it? And if you say you would be ok with it than you're a liar.

Yes, Herve rubber stamped it but JT was the one who asked and initiated it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices