Skip to content

Discuss This Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine

American legend Eddie Lawson reckons Yamaha’s YZR-M1 is now comfortably the best MotoGP bike on the grid. Fiat Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo have won nine out of 13 races so far in 2009 to end Ducati’s early 800cc era domination. Yamaha has now won 23 800cc races compared to Ducati’s 19, though all but one of the Bologna factory’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (15 September 2009 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Oh so the Yam is the best bike out there - steady Eddie's not one for sticking his neck out is he!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Eddie Lawson

If Eddie says , it must be true

Reply to this Topic
rancidass

Sep 09

rancidass says:

Lawson

I remember when he was also called Awsome Lawson, this guy was brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I only knew him as God

Primarily for winning the title in 1989 on one of the most evil racing machines ever built - the 1989 NSR500. I recall reading Sir Anal Bathfarts test ride of that machine. I think Sir Catheter got off the thing shaking and in complete awe of Eddie. Good enough for me. Respect Eddie, one of the great champions.

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

YZR-M1

I agree with him, If you you at the results and ranking. the Rossi and Lorenzo placed 1 and 2, and the top sattelite Team which is the TECH 3; their bike is YZR-M1 as well.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

legend

Legend states the obvious shock!! Love Eddie Lawson one the greatest and one of my favorite riders.

Reply to this Topic
steve1992

Aug 02

steve1992 says:

Not important

Motorcycle racing started in 2000 when Rossi entered the big class.  What happened before is irrelevant. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

i know lawson is a legend, but is this not worthy of the phrase... "no shit, sherlock"?

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

steve1992, you talk from your arse mate,motorcycle racing started long before that, so you say that moto gp started when rossi came in ,u need to look at some of the races from the past before makin a comment like that

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

History

Learn from the past and build on that for the future. Rossi does exactly that. He idolises Ago, reveres Sheen, admires Schwantz and taken components special to Spencer, Doohan, Lawson, Rainey, Neito and many others and made them part of the personna that is Valentino Rossi. History is important to him, possibly vital.

He'd be the first to argue that motorcycling did NOT start with him and that without the greats of the past his skills would be less than they are now.

So respect to Eddie Lawson, take on his comments and learn from the other "oldies" when they comment - they have earned it - what's your claim to fame steve1992, jnh-hrs07, et al?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices