Skip to content

Discuss This Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Eddie Lawson: Yamaha now best MotoGP machine

American legend Eddie Lawson reckons Yamaha’s YZR-M1 is now comfortably the best MotoGP bike on the grid. Fiat Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo have won nine out of 13 races so far in 2009 to end Ducati’s early 800cc era domination. Yamaha has now won 23 800cc races compared to Ducati’s 19, though all but one of the Bologna factory’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (15 September 2009 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gasflowedhead

Sep 09

Steve 1992

I guess Steve doesnt know much about bike racing or any form of racing for that matter. You are ignorant beyond belief!! So was it just a merry go round when the likes of Doohan, Gardner, Rainey,Schwantz and Mamola were racing in the early 90's. They used to man handle those 500 stroker beasts with there awsome power deliveries and full corner power slides!!! Ever been to watch one race Steve, 25 to 30 bikes per grid not like todays 15? Oh I dont supposed you watched all that did you!! What about the likes of Biaggi and Caparossi in the 250 class. When you have watched and attended 125gp, 250gp, 500gp, moto gp, WSBK, WSS and BSB for at least 18yrs, fallen out with your missus because you had to watch everything live and eat, breath and sleep motorcycling!!! Then you might not talk so much shite!!

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

no claim to fame here. my point is this article is a little pointless. especially when you consider the lack of coverage we've been getting from the last 2 race meets, and now we get a legend from a previous generation stating the obvious...? up your game MCN. we're all already thinking what eddie is saying.

Reply to this Topic
racerfan53

Apr 09

racerfan53 says:

Yamaha best MotoGP machine

I agree with jnh-hrc07. I t seems to me Eddie Lawson is just giving his ideas on the bike everyone knows is the best package on the grid. Its only MCN giving us the 'revelation' that the Yamaha is now the best MotoGP machine.

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Push Starts!

Maybe that would add some flair to the series. Go back to the good old days of Push Starts or maybe even Lemans starts? Once again MCN runs a story with seemingly no foundation to drum up hits.

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

reporting...

If Eddie Lawson (or anyone else with racing credability) makes a comment that is relevant to MotoGP, WSB, BSB, etc. and MCN do not report on it - is that then MCN not doing their job?

I find it interesting to read such commentaries - it is all part of the sport that I follow and enjoy. For example - Julian Ryder passing on a comment made, by an ex-rider before a race, on Eurosport is entertaining/informative - so why is MCN reporting little details poor journalism - isn't the basis of jounalism "the public's need to know"? Not every article can be earth-shatteringly important - yet I still need to know. But I can also select whether I want to read it or not.

So we have the "need to know" balanced with the choice of selection so I say "Thanks MCN"

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

steve1992

If you think motorcycle racing started in 2000 when Rossi joined the ranks of 500cc i suggest you go on the Duke website and try and buy a couple of DVDs from the 1983 500cc season.It was one of the best seasons in history between Freddie Spencer and Kenny Roberts and between the two of them they won every race which went down to the final race at Imola where Spencer eventually won the title by about 2 points and become the youngest 500cc champ ever.Or there's the 1979 British GP between Sheene and Roberts,probably the most famous 500cc race  in history.I could go on and on with historic races from the past.The modern day Moto GP championship raced on 4 stroke 800s is a sad shadow of what the championship used to be in my opinion.The 500cc two strokes made men of it's riders and damaged some of them pretty badly.These bikes were not rider friendly or computer controlled like nowadays,pretty much no rider from those days got away without broken bones at some point in their career.I'm not saying that was a good thing either,but the old 500cc class made real men real champions.Eddie Lawson was one of the best from back then.To win a championship on the fearsome NSR Honda a year after winning the title for Yamaha was a hell of an achievement then and is still impressive now.As much as i admire Rossi and am a big fan of his,Kenny Roberts snr to me was the real deal.History lesson over :-)

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

am i the only person who noticed steve1992's smiley face? sarcasm truely is lost on the internet it seems. good job guys.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Give the kid a break

Look at Steve's moniker, he's only 12 yet capable of winding you lot up that much! If he's really into bikes he'll do his homework. If not he'll be gone with all the other Rossi only fair weather supporters by the time Vale retires in 2012(?)

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

sorry Nostrodamus, I think if you look at Steve's moniker and apply simple arithmatic correctly you'll find he is not 12 but 17 - -so a much wiser lad then......................... ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices