Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Cops seize MCN camera General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Cops seize MCN camera

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Video: Cops seize MCN camera

Cops in an unmarked car dramatically seized an MCN camera after we took their picture in North Wales on Sunday.   Reclaim North Wales – your pictures The officers had been waiting in a lay-by on the A5 secretly watching thousands of riders heading to our meeting in Betws-y-Coed, a protest rally over North Wales Police's heavy-handed treatment of law-abiding motorcyclists. A...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 September 2009 12:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paramotorist

Jun 07

paramotorist says:

He is not a fireams officer because any bona fide firearms officer with any sense  would not compromise his position in the force to anyone other than someone whom he was about to fire on, nor would he tell you the vehicle was a firearms response vehicle, this cop is a moron who was just playing the roll, probably only joined up so he could where the flak jacket because he thinks he looks cool ,but he's actually Mr uncool as he is definitly starting to loose his rag, he can't even string a sensible sentence together , I like they way he sez "he was happy to come up and talk to the photograghraper," why would he be happy about that, what  a PLONKER,  and if he really is Armed response then god help us all, I just pray to god that moron is never given a gun ,it's not the terrorists we should be worried about.

Reply to this Topic
paramotorist

Jun 07

paramotorist says:

He is not a fireams officer because any bona fide firearms officer with any sense  would not compromise his position in the force to anyone other than someone whom he was about to fire on, nor would he tell you the vehicle was a firearms response vehicle, this cop is a moron who was just playing the roll, probably only joined up so he could where the flak jacket because he thinks he looks cool ,but he's actually Mr uncool as he is definitly starting to loose his rag, he can't even string a sensible sentence together , I like the way he sez "he was happy to come up and talk to the photograghraper," why would he be happy about that, what  a PLONKER,  and if he really is Armed response then god help us all, I just pray to god that moron is never given a gun ,it's not the terrorists we should be worried about.

Reply to this Topic
JS4119

Oct 08

JS4119 says:

Wouldn't compromise his position until he was about to fire on someone? Too many  Chris Ryan books methinks... I hate to sound unreasonable, but it does seem like the officer had a valid point. I don't think that he's blameless, it's just like 99% of arguements, 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. He said he was happy to be photographed, just not with the reg in view, I wouldn't call that too unreasonable. I think the rest was just standard argie bargie.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

they deserve no respect

They all run around like storm troopers these days,no one has any respect for them,being smart and having a brain or basic manners seems not to be on the list of qualifications required these days and yet there are areas in this country where its not even safe to walk the streets where are the police then? , we have heard no more of the poor bloke they beat to death in london for no reason and the woman who they slapped in the face, they are like old fashioned bully boy doormen ,and of course the sherriff of nottinghams tax collectors,Kuryakin summed it where is the please sir or madam or thank you? I teach my son to have more respect and manners than these hooligans in uniform, Russia  has more freedom than we do its ridiculous,we may as well have mad max as chief constable

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Good God Guys...

The Police probably very well had armed response out and about after the Bulldog Bash slaying. The Police will be EXPECTED to have guns around just in case. As a biker and member of the public I would expect the Police to have cover for any eventuality.

I don't particularly like the Police so I ain't having a go at anyone or sticking up for them but use your common sense. The copper there in the still is a 'modern' copper, thick as shit and good for nothing. He clearly lacks intelligence and decides to spout nonsense that personally COULD very well get him killed.

Coppers like him are all too common these days. They are useless and to be avoided as they are also dangerous. A little knowledge and all that........

As for taking his picture... Would YOU like someone to stick a camera in your face and start taking pictures? I am all for the 'don't take pictures' piece but the guy had a real stupid way of going about it and demonstrated poor training by the quickness of his reactions. He should have kept it plain and simple and explained himself rather than throwing out orders. Getting everyones back up is NOT the way to deal with a situation and this guy sure did that! Retraining or a desk job are the only two options for him...

As for MCN publishing this. I understand you guys were covering the Wales demo and you did a very commendable job but this has soured it all for me. I can only recommend you remove this article as it just doesn't do any justice to all the hardwork that went into the weekends festivities.

Catching the police on camera breaking the laws or beating people/killing them is a great thing to ensure justice is done but this is utter balls and a waste of time. The copper shouldn't have reacted but then you really had no reason to be taking pictures...

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

north wales police have been caught out big time and they dont like it, anyone biking in north wales this weekend be legal and they will be out for revenge

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Well if the cop hadnt had mentioned it was an armed response unit, no one would have been any the wiser. So he put his safety at risk........  Also, why would an armed response unit be out on general patrol on a Sunday afternoon??  If their safety is so paramount, then just use the vehicles in emergencies!!! Simples ! x

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

Oh Dear Me...Lesson 1...

...if you are armed response....don't own up to it plonker....if Mr MCN Reporter was a bad guy that would have been your last sentence on earth. Lesson 2...Your wingman/woman was not in an appropriate position to back you up....your side of the van, 6 or 7 feet behind and to your right would have been a good location to spot and drop Mr MCN Reporter attempting something nasty. Lesson 3...do not get too close to the person you are conversing with and the last thing you want to do is reach out to grab anything. While you are busying yourself with his camera Mr MCN Reporter #2 would have taken you out.

It's back to class for you my boy .., pay more attention and stop playing with your Action Man doll !! Real life can be dangerous !! Politeness, humility and good manners go a very long way to ensuring mutual respect with the majority of people you will meet. You must have been off sick and missed the class on how to deal with this type of situation !!

North Wales Gestapo....is this the best you can do ?? God help Us All !! All it takes is one rotten apple and this force has several and they are all in positions of power !

Peaceful, Unified Resistance is the only way forward...... Keep up the Good Work Everybody and Stay Safe .... 

Reply to this Topic
Rumoy

Aug 09

Rumoy says:

It's a free society you can film a public place as much as you like, the police officer was over-stepping his authority under the pretense that his safety was at risk. What rubbish. The days when 'the press' can't film the police in any state is when we ought to worry. Or would you rather that things like this go un-reported? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECMVdl-9SQ The murder of Ian Tomlinson would be aggressively investigated and charges placed had a member of the public carried out this act, a police officer being filmed may face man-slaughter charges, MAY? The day when we can't film the police will be a very sad day indeed as we'll have slipped into the type of state that the police should be protecting us from.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

dave80h

the point is dave, that this is what the police seem to be doing to us.what are there reasons for pulling over in excess of 350 bikers every weekend?If we can can be filmed and harrassed as law abiding members of the general public by the police why is it so wrong for the boot to be on the other foot.if you reply with" they are simply doing their job" you are an ass.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices