Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland loses MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Toseland loses MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland loses MotoGP ride

James Toseland is likely to make a swift but reluctant return to World Superbikes in 2010 after losing his MotoGP ride. World Superbike sensation Ben Spies has opted to quit World Superbikes and move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad where he will join fellow Texan Colin Edwards next season in an all-American team. According to MCN sources, Toseland’s departure was finalised...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 September 2009 13:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rossideg

Apr 09

rossideg says:

No Shame..

JT has underperformed this year and it's been frustrating to see, however, I think he should take solace in the fact that no Wsbk rider has made a successful transition to Moto Gp.

Reply to this Topic
suzyV

Sep 09

suzyV says:

I just feel an incredible sadness for him really.  From that front row start in his first ever GP race and that look of pure joy when he finished 6th - to this.  This difference in the lad in incredible (for the worse).  Oh and according to Crash.net the door has not slammed shut for a GP ride.  One wonders if this story is just another bit of sensationalism on the part of MCN (surely not!!!!). 

Reply to this Topic
daveajj

Feb 06

daveajj says:

bluepetes

What a stupid comment!! prat..

Haga, Biaggi & Bayliss were in top form that year too, was just that Toseland was more consistant. 

32 points difference from 4th Bayliss 372pts place to the wiinner JT 415pts

Reply to this Topic
daveajj

Feb 06

daveajj says:

yes i know i can't count, it was 43 point diff......

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Shocking news!!!

Oh well at least it should shut a few folk up now! I have said for months that he didn't deserve to be in GPs and now the experts at Yamaha have obviously come to the same conclusion! I am not sure how Ben Spies will fair but it would not suprise me if he kicked Edwards arse race in, race out! James must known himself that his 2009 effort was knowhere near good enough, therefore could not expect to keep his ride.

Reply to this Topic
dragonfist

Jan 09

dragonfist says:

correct me if I'me wrong. The only racer to come from a production series championship and have been successfull in the premier class and won the championship is nicky haden. I know he was with honda which seemed a lifetime but he did it when rossi was there. The problem with gps is that there's not enough bikes on the grid. Superbikes this year has been brilliant. I'me praying haga wins the championship.

Reply to this Topic
walters61

Feb 09

walters61 says:

toseland back to reality

James has had 2 years to prove himself, but to do worse in your second year than the first he doesnt deserve his premier class ride. There is a long list of other riders more talented to have a go. its not about age as colin edwards has proven by constantly beating james. Hes had a chance and now realise his home is at WSB or BSB.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Funny...

that all of the people who were backing Toseland and slating everyone who didn't support him were saying "he should stay in GP, he hasnt even had time to prove himself! He should stay!" but now it sounds like a lot are saying "Well we wanted him back in World Superbikes anyway"...right...

I'm not a fan of the guy really, and I'd rather him gone from the GP grid so I don't have to hear his constant string of empty promises. However...I don't deny he's gifted on a superbike, so I think it's just the smart move to get back on one. Go back to winning races and maybe some more Championships.

Reply to this Topic
ghostrider2

Aug 09

ghostrider2 says:

top man

JT Youre the man, hope spies falls on his fat fuckin face and vbegs to come back to WSBK so you can kick his ass. all the best JAMES

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yes, You are WRONG!!!

"correct me if I'me wrong. The only racer to come from a production series championship and have been successfull in the premier class and won the championship is nicky haden."

Spencer, Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz, Doohan, and Hayden all raced production bikes. Doohan came from Australian Superbikes (won 2 WSBK wildcards before GPs) and the rest AMA. That's 16 MotoGP titles in the last 26 years. I've read a thousand times on this post how "superbike riders don't do well in MotoGP".  That's bullshit. On the current grid it's just more former 250cc riders. There maybe former 250 riders at the front. But since the likes of Hayden and Edwards have been finishing in the top 10 there are 250 riders finishing at the back as well.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices