Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland loses MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Toseland loses MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland loses MotoGP ride

James Toseland is likely to make a swift but reluctant return to World Superbikes in 2010 after losing his MotoGP ride. World Superbike sensation Ben Spies has opted to quit World Superbikes and move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad where he will join fellow Texan Colin Edwards next season in an all-American team. According to MCN sources, Toseland’s departure was finalised...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 September 2009 13:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Confirmed or what ?

Yeah,it would seem that if Toseland has lost his place next year with Tech 3 then nobody is officially saying so as yet.Is this just idle MCN gossip ?? Like Barry Sheene once famously said "MCN has never let the facts cloud a good story ! "  I guess the real answer will be made after the WSB title is decided.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think x1glider has got one big fact wrong, and that when he aserts that Tech3 did not support JT.

You have to remember that the team agreed with & went along with JT's request to swap crew chiefs with Edwards, a decision some might say was the start of JT's troubles this season.

Secondly, last year when Edwards results took a dive Yamaha threatened to send him back to WSB mid-season. Despite JT's results being a lot poorer he has never been threatened with the same sanctions.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

He Knows U know

boybilly1967 talks sense, more comments in future mon ami

Reply to this Topic
davecjd31

Mar 05

davecjd31 says:

Unfair

Is it just me or has anyone realised with the constant comparisons between JT and Colin, that Colin has actually been in MotoGP for 5 years!!!  Jt has only been there 18 months and has had a change of tyre too.

Colin has been on an Aprilia, Honda and was on a Fiat Yamaha so technically already knew the bike before coming to Tech 3.  So I would say that's a huge head start on JT, not only knowing the tracks but also knowing the bike.

So please all you people making comparisons out there, don't as your not judging JT fairly.

Reply to this Topic
linf1200

Aug 02

linf1200 says:

its tough at the top

you've got to feel for JT , the kid is a really good rider but probably hasn't done himself justice on the tech 3 bike(for a multitude of reasons i expect).i cant help but think of all the perrenial under-achievers there have been in gp and sbk over the years and that JT was never really given full support.if he does end up back in world supers i hope he smokes 'em!

Reply to this Topic
dun326

Sep 07

dun326 says:

dont feel sorry for JT

i personnelly dont feel sorry for JT, you live and die by your results in MOTO GP, after Fiat Yam, Repsol Honda and Ducati, Tech3 feel they should be next. Therefore anything less than top 8 is a disappointment. too many times this season JT has failed to make the top ten, when colin is top 6. You can make all the excuses in the world, but you are as fast as you are fast. That siad, you need to remind yourselves these are the fastest racers in the world!!!!! i have no doubt that JT will secure a top ride in WSB next season and Kick some ass there too!

Firm but fair......

Reply to this Topic
daftylad

Sep 09

daftylad says:

Pramac Ride

I think James Toseland should get on the Pramac ducati, if the rumours are true that there is possibly a chance there. How can it be a bad thing, Kallio said it is just as quick as the Marlboro Ducati of Casey Stoner. I also think it would suit JT better than the yamaha because it appears on the yam the riders are very smooth, compared to the ducati where Stoner and Hayden muscle it around, which is what JT has been used to in WSBK!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Ben's mom

is playing the spoiler on roadracingworld.com by saying that the contract they sign was for WSBK in 2010. But at the end it says that "nothing is impossible". But as I have said before, what sense would it make for Yamaha to only give Spies 1 year in MotoGP that leaves the door open for him to be swooped up by another team (read Honda or Ducati) and placed in their factory garage.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

james isnt wont ever be and cant ever be good enough for gp bikes nopt as long as he has a hole in hios arse its painful to watch colin has made a right cunt out of him i mean why would you go there then just decide like a cunt to steal your teamte who by the way has given you settings for race tracks so you get 6th place fineshes nickl hisa engineer then sAY WELL ITYS RACING NO JAMES ITS ITS FUCKING  SNIDEY CUNTS WHO DCO THAT NOW COSW THIS YEAR NOTHING FROM COLIN YOUR FUCKEDD YOU COULDNT GET A 6TH IF YPOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT YOU FUCKING GOON BACK TO WSB YOUR GOOD THERE STICK TO IT LEAVE GP TO THE TALENTED GUYS

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

iv never known 1 man to stir up so much feelings and opinions :) JT for pramac, give the man 1 more year...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle