Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards deserved 2010 deal, says Yamaha boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards deserved 2010 deal, says Yamaha boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards deserved 2010 deal, says Yamaha boss

Colin Edwards thoroughly deserved a new Tech 3 Yamaha contract because of his impressive performances in 2009, says factory boss Lin Jarvis. The Texan will stay with the Tech 3 squad in 2010 having agreed a new deal with team boss Herve Poncharal during the Misano MotoGP race earlier this month. The double World Superbike champion will be joined by fellow American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 September 2009 15:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Edwards

I am not of the same opinion, Colin has been in MOTOGP since 2003 , he is on the best bike in the championship and the closest of the Satellite teams equipment wise to the works team.

He never seems to try too hard ( except if Toseland is nearby ) he should be a constant top 5 in every race with his experience, Yamaha would be better with Spies and Crutchlow , two young bloods who are really confident and importantly hungry for success. 

Colin is an also ran , bit like Barros was , with improved rides somewhere near contract time , the only thing i'd miss about Colin when he finally retires are the interviews as he is funny as f*** with his one liners.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Edwards

I agree with TrumpetTriple. Edwards has been in Moto Gp long enough now and has hardly ever produced the goods. The nearest he came was in 2006 when he threw it up the road on the last corner incident with Hayden at Assen, I think it was. Also in the rain at Donnington this year he seemed reluctant to push for the win, settling for 2nd. I reckon Tony Elias could have done better on the same bike and he has no ride for next year.

Reply to this Topic
seabeeahh600

Jul 07

seabeeahh600 says:

Agree

Totally agree... he's been there too long now, bit like Capirossi, time for some new blood... Edwards is always full of excuses and the fact is, he still hasnt won a race and this included his time riding as Rossi's team-mate on a title winning bike.... Yeah he's done well this season,  but his ability to be motivated this year seems to be driven by toseland, shouldnt he be driven by the fact he wants to beat everyone? Would like to see Spies kick his ass... as for toseland, any news on him, with de puniet and pramac nearly there I guess he is looking at WSB...

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

super col

hahaha time to let younger riders in eh what like toseland and  vermulen.nobody could get more out of their bikes than edwards and capirossi have this season.who exactly finished higher on a non works bike than edwards ? capirossi has done wonders on that slow suzuki.fact is the team bosses know a lot more than any of us on here,they know who is getting the results and they are always looking for new riders who can do better.toseland is a double world superbike champ and as such was one of the quickest of the younger lads and edwards hammered him.if a younger guy comes along who is quicker then im sure he will get a ride ,but lets not kid ourselves .up the oldies............

Reply to this Topic
Ziggyzig

Sep 09

Ziggyzig says:

Totally agree Sprints

I think Edwards has had a great season and does deserve his ride in 2010.

And as for seabee's comment "Edwards is always full of excuses"  what the hell does that make Toseland sound like then??  That guy has never stopped whinging and making excuses since he signed for Tech 3.  Oh apart from when he promises to do better in the next race!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

his results earned him a chance

Like him or not he did the job Yamaha wanted hin to do,and a thought ,if he didn't deserve to keep his ride what did Toseland deserve? so why all the bleating about poor old James? it's a joke

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

edwards

he might have job next year, but he wont look so good when spies kicks his ass every race.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

spies

i would put a tenner on edwards.not knocking spies mind the lad is a big talent.moto gp bikes eat rookies though.it wil be very interesting that one.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spies V Edwards

I hope Spies beats Edwards in fact I hope Spies beats all of them out there.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Stupid comments.

A guy 5th in the championship should be kicked out....he`s not good enough. 

Is that really what people are saying?

What about all those 6th and below? Kick them out?

Jeez, hows about just running the top 4 then? would that be ok for you.

I agree JT should have another chance maybe with another team, but just cos Edwards beat him by a considerable margin shouldn`t make him (Edwards) the victim of a hate campaign on here. Please get a life morons.

If Motorcycle racing is not to your taste then go and watch football, and leave this sport to enthusiasts.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices