Skip to content

Discuss This Spies: “It’s crunch time” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Spies: “It’s crunch time”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Spies: “It’s crunch time”

World Superbike series leader Ben Spies has admitted that this weekends Imola showdown is pivotal point in his title aspirations and the result will play a major part in how he rides in the final two rounds of the series. The 25 year old American currently leads Xerox Ducati man Noriyuki Haga by 18 points with six races and 150...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 September 2009 18:05)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stradacaster

Oct 08

Stradacaster says:

Spies to MotoGP

Will Ben be a force in MotoGP?  Opinions are devided but let's not forget his great ride on the Suzuki GP bike at Indy.  He was much faster than either of the team riders, and on similar (if not inferior) equipment!

Bet Suzuki wishes they would have traded CV in for a brand new BS!!!

On Yamaha equipment Ben is going to be fantastic.

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

ive come back

from 80 points behind, not very hard to do when you consider that the guy who was 80 points in front was out due to injury. i know its an if, but had nori not come of would the situation be the same, i think not. dont get me wrong, spies is a good rider but people have put him on a peddistol that he can easily fall off, the wsb field is not as strong as alot of you think, is he a good rider? yes. is he the best in the world? ask me this after he has rode against the best in the world, next year i hope, but i dont think so, not for at least two maybe three years. time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

WSB title?

Much as I think it is looking like Spies title I would far rather see Haga win after all the years of fantastic action he has given to WSB and the bad luck that he seems to have year in year out.
Nori for the double this weekend and with his determination it is more than possible.

Reply to this Topic
jerrysam

Jan 06

jerrysam says:

ben spies

from what i can remember haga never missed any races through his injuries , and look at all the bad luck ben has had , running out of fuel at monza, bike stopping at kayami , ducati taking him out at brno( accident ,dont think so ). ben spies is amazing and suzuki were mad to let him go . i thought t sykes was a good rider , but the gulf between the two is huge. future moto gp champ no problem . anyone who thinks b spies is overated is talking through their arse .

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

anything can happen

some riders without contracts trying to impress, good riders on not so good machines trying to shine for a betetr seat, Hondas making a big step forward, the title very close, no-one can know what is going to happen, but Haga and Spies have made this year great for us, either of them deserve the title.

WSBK is the business.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices