Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone BSS: Westmoreland takes race win, Plater moved to second British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Silverstone BSS: Westmoreland takes race win, Plater moved to second

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Silverstone BSS: Westmoreland takes race win, Plater moved to second

Triumph rider James Westmoreland took an easy win in the supersport race at Silverstone. Current championship leader Steve Plater looked odds on for second palce after a fierce battle with MAP Yamaha rider Billy McConnell, until McConnell tried to pass Plater up the inside. Plater was oblivious to the move and as a result, McConnell collided with Plater and sent the veteran Honda rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 September 2009 16:41)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

i agree totally that it was the right decision and plater has ridden superbly all year on a bike that is clearly slower then the r6 and the 750.just thought that it was funny that when it happens to someone else its a racing incident but when it happens to you its a nightmare.

Reply to this Topic
mathsman

Aug 02

mathsman says:

Good for Plater

Let's not beat about  the bush here. McConnell was prepared to take second at all costs. That move was stupid. Personally I would have disqualified him. A very unsporting move.

I've never seen Steve so angry in any race. He showed his mature years by backing off.

Come on Steve we know you can do it.

Reply to this Topic
flipflop68

Aug 09

flipflop68 says:

Rubbing's Racing

I remember watching a WSB race some years ago when Haga was knocking fairings, elbows and handlebars with Colin Edwards and Troy Bayliss, in MotoGP Rossi almost took Stoner out on the Corkscrew possibly the most dangerous corner on the calender yet all these were racing incidents.  Why should what happened on Sunday be any different.

Yes McConnell was on the limit of control and sometimes beyond, but that's the nature of racing.  You don't win by being nice and only trying to overtake when the guy in front waves you past.  I was there on Sunday and it was the battle between those 2 that made thew whole event, I think if most of the people there were honest they would agree.  I'm a Plater fan and I want him to win the title but I don't want the "Health and Safety" Dickheads to take the racing out of the sport.

Camier has made a few mistakes over the last couple of weeks and was very agressive working his way back through the field, should his results be taken away.  Stop being such a bunch of nancies, if you want a boring unentertaining race watch F1.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Rubbing Idiot

Without doubt the two biggest PRATTS this year Cuntnelly and Boshjocks.

flipflob68 a close second

mathsman got it right on 

Well earned win by JM 

Reply to this Topic
flipflop68

Aug 09

flipflop68 says:

Dummy

grayzx7r, no need to throw your dummy out the pram, everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if yours is wrong!

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

Rotten Ronnie 54

This is not about Aussie bashing ( we done that with the Ashes ) as I think you will find the Aussie bashed into the Brit. Take it gracefully fella and accept that people like Brookes and McConnell should not take the risks which impact other riders in the incidents witnessed this year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices