Skip to content

Discuss This Cycling group: ‘We know of no crashes but still want motorcycles out of bus lanes’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Cycling group: ‘We know of no crashes but still want motorcycles out of bus lanes’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Cycling group: ‘We know of no crashes but still want motorcycles out of bus lanes’

A cycling group demanding motorcycles be booted out of London’s bus lanes is not aware of a single crash to back up its call. Make motorcyclists’ views heard on the bus lane trial Challenged to cite a single collision between a motorcyclist and cyclist in a trial of the two sharing bus lanes which began in January, the London Cycling Campaign...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 September 2009 11:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nwlondoner

Jan 08

nwlondoner says:

Tell TfL your views on motorcycles in bus lanes

The TfL motorcycles in bus lanes survey can be found here: www.tinyurl.com/TfLconsultation 

We need to get as many bikers as possible to complete the short survey so the results aren't just full of cyclists views.

For more info about the London motorcycles in bus lanes trial, visit... www.tfl.gov.uk/motorcyclesinbuslanes

Reply to this Topic
Bri55hornet

Aug 07

Bri55hornet says:

Bus lanes

I am a motorcycle courier and I only use the Bus Lane when its really necessary otherwise I filter or go round the outside and it does prove very useful and safe. So if ya want to stop the use of Bus Lanes Mr Pedal Power Then a few things I would like to see 1. A Road Tax On cycling 2. Booking of Cyclists overtaking at traffic lights and ignoring them (lots in London) they break these laws every day. 2. All learner M/c's Stopped From riding alone thus giving couriers who have the licence and the experience as I see learners going round the wrong side of traffic Islands (hardly Cricket, and they nicking Jobs from those who lets say are qualified to actually ride a bike) 3.Finally any lurex coated cyclist messengers should have a test a plate on bike and some proof of third party insurance. Lets just all go mad ....... See unworkable

Reply to this Topic
Meias

Sep 09

Meias says:

cyclists...

You are totally out of context here mate ( bram stroker)!! - the opinions here are supposed to only reflect the fact that cyclists are not obliged to the same 'formal' requirements as rest of us all and that they are the worst and most careless drivers of all!! - and still they are trying to put motorcyclists in total jeopardy in term of using bus lanes.

As for the politics in it, that is a different issue dude. FOR INSTANCE, WHY THE HELL IT NOT OBLIGATORY FOR THEM TO WEAR AN HELMET AT ALL TIMES LIKE THE REST OF US ALL? I ALSO PAY MY TAXES THOUGH...!

...but I guess that such a well informed guy like yourself about taxes and all the rest of that crap... why don't you just initiate a related topic for discussion and we all might learn something from you...and perhaps we will might even vote for you over the next 'local elections'.

Get a life dude!!:ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Meias

Sep 09

Meias says:

Cyclists

I agree.

Reply to this Topic
Meias

Sep 09

Meias says:

Cyclists

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT MATE!!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Tordy3002

Apr 09

Tordy3002 says:

What a load of...

Crap! The amount of rubbish these groups chat does make me laugh, whats gonna be next?? World Domination? haha. Bus lanes have always been a retarded idea anyways. Its often the case of an empty bus lane sitting next to a queue of traffic. What better way to make use of them is to allow cyclists and motorbikes in them. Saying that, how safe is it havnt a cyclist in the lane dominated by big fecking buses anyways!! As least motorbikes can move along with the traffic.

The majority of cyclists are cocks who swear they are above the law in every aspect of riding. That last part, "The group is also calling for ‘car-free zones’ including entire suburbs in which motorcycles and cars would be banned and residents would have to get around on foot or push bikes." WTF!!! Let all bow down and worship them.

Reply to this Topic
bram stroker

Aug 02

bram stroker says:

Meias

Did you read my other post? I am a motorcyclist as well as a cyclist. I did not ask for these cycling groups to spout this sort of crap on my behalf- i'm not about to shoot myself in the foot. The comments about taxation and reasons for cyclists not being targeted are basic common sense when you think about it. I'm not running for election, i always wear a helmet on my bicycle and to be honest i have a fuckin' excellent life mate. (insert lots of smileys here)

Reply to this Topic
bram stroker

Aug 02

bram stroker says:

Meias

Did you read my other post? I am a motorcyclist as well as a cyclist. I did not ask for these cycling groups to spout this sort of crap on my behalf- i'm not about to shoot myself in the foot. The comments about taxation and reasons for cyclists not being targeted are basic common sense when you think about it. I'm not running for election, i always wear a helmet on my bicycle and to be honest i have a feckin' excellent life mate. (insert lots of smileys here)

Reply to this Topic
Meias

Sep 09

Meias says:

Cyclists...

You're still missing the point dude... Over and out!

Reply to this Topic
Meias

Sep 09

Meias says:

Cyclists...

You're still missing the point dude... Over and out!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle