Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland poised to unveil 2010 plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Toseland poised to unveil 2010 plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland poised to unveil 2010 plans

James Toseland’s departure from the Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP team will be confirmed tomorrow (Thursday).   And MCN understands the 28-year-old will complete a straight job swap with Ben Spies with the British rider offered a factory Yamaha R1 WSB ride earlier this week.   Toseland, who has also been linked with a move to the Pramac Ducati squad, will make a swift return...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 September 2009 12:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

James will go very well in WSB on the Yamaha, perhaps even well enough to get back into MotoGP in 2011?

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

No Surprise here then

James, you should be delighted that you still has factory backing from Yamaha and if I were you I would grab it with both hands.Steer clear of the Pramac as you could not get to grips with the Tech 3 so the Ducati will  just make you a laughing stock

Reply to this Topic
seabeeahh600

Jul 07

seabeeahh600 says:

Sod it

Just go and kick butt in WSB...f*ck em....

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

WSB Champion X 3?

James on the R1 will be awesome - his agressive riding suited WSB and scared the Moto GPers. Any bets on a 3rd WSB Championship on a 3rd manufacturer?

Still would've liked to see him fighting the Ducati Desmosedici into submission - maybe when he returns to Moto GP?

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

How about this

Toseland wildcards on Yamaha at Portimao to support Spies but does a Fabrizio and beats him handing the title to Haga. Yamaha might not be too impressed but Ducati would probably give him a ride.

Reply to this Topic
snoman1956

Aug 09

snoman1956 says:

Best of Luck

Good luck to James in WSB, The style of racing probably suits his aggresive riding style and I am sure we will see him involved in lots of good on track action. 

Bad news no Brits in MotoGP, could be a costly mistake, I may watch the highlights but thats all, maybe WSB for the BBC it would get my vote

Reply to this Topic
rustique

Apr 09

rustique says:

we will see

Yes we will see tomorrow....... cause after all these speculation articles on MCN lately here we go again .

MCN understands blablabla ....and also read the article properly  Ben is given the option if he wants to come etc etc ...

I personally dont think it is  a done thing but the most secure option for YAMAHA as when they dont win in WSB with Spies this year they have an option for next year either Ben or JT and vice versa for Tech3 when Spies decides to stay or go , reason for me thinking go to vizordown and listen to the postrace interview with Ben the man himself .

Seems to me typical YAMAHA as it is the riders that seem to decide what they are up to e.a the big devidingwalls aswell with Rossi last year as this year with JT and Colin saga . Now its Mr Ben we are all waiting for  christsake he is a WSB rookie ( a very good one never mind ) but hasnt won the tittle yet who signed a contract on the 4th of september for WSB  in 2010 and Motogp 2011 with YAMAHA europe

To be honest wish a had a boss like that and could build a wall in the office so I dont have to look at this ugly idiot at the opposite desk because he gets on a bit better with the tealady or sorry boss dont like the office no more can I go and play in the warehouse please please please boss........ same thing in everyday life it wouldnt happen would it be honest .

Well anyway we will see tomorrow

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Where it is at...

WSBK is THE series, I would prefer to ride in it by choice than GP, although I suppose every rider would like Rossi's pay packet.

I hope they are right, I wouldnt lose any sleep over it but wouldnt go back to GP if he gets the chance unless it is far more competitive throughout the field.  Riders are dead and buried quickly if they make the wrong move.

James on one of the top four bikes in the WSBK field, very lucky rider.  Shame he couldnt have helped Spies get this title over the following races.

Reply to this Topic
billy52

May 09

billy52 says:

WHAT IF

What if Ben spies doesnt win the WSB title and then James does Mr Yamaha ?

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

billy52

I think Spies will still move on because it would leave the door open for him to get back to WSBK if he needs to, everyone would want to see Spies back having a go for the title.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices