Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards deserves 2010 deal, says Tech 3 boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards deserves 2010 deal, says Tech 3 boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards deserves 2010 deal, says Tech 3 boss

Colin Edwards thoroughly deserved his chance to stay in MotoGP in 2010. That’s the view of Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal after the Frenchman confirmed yesterday (Thursday) in Estoril that he will field an all-American line-up next season. Current World Superbike contender Ben Spies will join Edwards in a move that has forced James Toseland to make a swift return to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 October 2009 08:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Really Herve

Or are you spouting bollocks , because personally CE gets right on my fuckin tits , but he is a good rider , and I can only comment on what Im allowed to see

Reply to this Topic
spiller1000

Sep 09

spiller1000 says:

richard have u ever

thought about situation comedy ...nearly spat me rice crispies all over my laptop   ..... well said very good

Reply to this Topic
jtfan

Jul 09

jtfan says:

huh

he only came 2nd at donington because the weather was rubbish and it was one of those upside down races. had the weather been good, he would have been where he always is!

This does sound like a bit of a smack in the chops for JT though- i really hope JT stuffs it right up Edwards 'arris this weekend.

Peanuthead...

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Donington

ok, jtfan, I'll igve you that the weather bad and a couple of guys fell off BUT HE CAME FROM JUST ABOUT DEAD LAST!!!!

That was a stunning ride. After the first lap or 2 he was literally dead in the water. He passed everyone on the track except Dovi. I'm an Edwards fan of course but that has to be one of the best rides of the year. You have to admit that was awesome!

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Huh & Donington

It was raining but the strange thing about rain is it was the same for EVERYONE. And yet the ONLY one better than CE on the day was Dovi - just like the RawDawg sed. Of course JT did really well that day and was only overtaken by GOAT on the last lap even though Vale had fallen off  ;-) - still better than the One corner race of 2008 ;-)

Edwards has skill, character and professionalism - I'm a fan and have met him and he's a very decent bloke.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I like Colin. Remember that save he made when the bike was down and sliding across the track and realizing it was the save of the year he waved to the crowd. He speaks his mind as well and comes out with some mega quotes like  "you can always reckon on a dumb-ass Italian at the Italian GP" - brilliant. 

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Edwards...

didn't over take everyone.... he managed to pass people who pitted at stupid times, due to the fluctuating conditions of the weather, the track and tyre choices.

Anyway he's still a back door-bandit but I'm glad the Tech3 crew spread the love... < sarcasm="" intended!="">

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Edwards

Does deserve it. And I agree with RawDawg and Foggie. He did a bang up job at Donington. And yeh he overtook some and got by some who had to pit...which would generally mean he'd got his set up done a lot better than those who had to pit so he did a better job than them. And yeh if it hadn't been raining, he would've probably finished where he usually finished this season, somewhere in the top 10...ahead of Toseland.

He's worked his ass off this year and got the best results out of the two Tech 3 bikes, that's a fact and that's why he stays. Good on him!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

A Bit Late and Obvious

And so say all of us, albeit 3 months ago .Keep up Herve

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN