Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi issues warning to Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi issues warning to Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi issues warning to Ben Spies

Valentino Rossi believes Ben Spies can make a big impact in MotoGP in 2010 but warned the American star his hugely anticipated switch from World Superbikes will not be easy. Spies will quit World Superbikes at the end of the season and replace British rider James Toseland in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad. But 30-year-old Rossi, who is closing in on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 October 2009 08:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snoman1956

Aug 09

snoman1956 says:

Very Different World

I think Rossi is right, the MotoGP machines and series are very different to superbikes, and the riders there are the best "In that class" but as a series it has many shortfalls like, most of the others apart from 3 or 4 might as well not bother turning up. talented they might be , entertaining maybe.... the jury is out .  I am trying to remember who  ex GP riders are that have dominated superbike because of their overpowering skill levels any help please

Reply to this Topic
lancealbon

Aug 08

lancealbon says:

Spies will be on a Factory Bike!

Even though Ben Spies is racing in a satelite team (Monster Tech-3), he will be riding a factory supported bike (Yamaha said it!). So the M-1 Rossi rides is the same as Ben's. Ben will just have to get his own setup which I don't think will be a problem as he was comfortable on the all new Yamaha R1 (with no previous settings) coming from a Suzuki he was used to in AMA.

I think Rossi will leave Yamaha end of 2010 though making way for Ben Spies in the Fiat team (whether Fiat will stay as sponsors when Rossi leaves is another question - they are Italian after all!). I believe Rossi will move to Ducati come 2011 making for more exciting racing up ahead! I think Yamaha know this and this is why Ben is starting MotoGP next year already which was not the original plan! He was supposed to be another year in SBK!

Reply to this Topic
lancealbon

Aug 08

lancealbon says:

Spies however will be humbled by the legend - Rossi

Oh, and I think Ben Spies WILL be humbled next year by the Doctor! Lets just hope that the Texan spirit is stronger than the Roman Emperor and the Crying Ozie! Rossi breaks them all! lol

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Good old days

bring back the 990s and make the cross over from WorldSBK easier , those bikes were way more fun than the " digital age " of the 800s.

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

PMSL!!

goat46 is right about the 990's, but I think it would be better to bring back the 500 two strokes, they were much more fun to watch & more agile, so there was more fighting, but that'll never happen unfortunately! Even though Spies took Toselands ride I hope he's able to make the transition to motogp but I doubt it in the long run, as a successful transition means winning the Championship & I don't see him doing that unless the top 4 are struck down with 'swine flu'! Reading some of the comments on here make me laugh at times...how can some of you 'buy into the hype' that Spies Yamaha is going to be the same as Rossi's? Not even Jorge gets the same bike as Rossi's...why do you think the wall is up at FIAT Yamaha? Its like saying that all the Honda's are the same & the only thing the same on any of these bikes is the bodywork!! Toselands bike wasn't even the same development stage of customer bike that Edwards had! They all go down the line from Rossi, as he developes the bikes with Burgess! The Tech3 bikes are around 4 stages behind Rossi's bike & anyone who believes different is kidding themselves! Its like saying Pedrosa's bike is the same as Dovi's & they're further development stages apart than Rossi & Jorge. At the last meeting the engine sounds were totally different on the Repsols, Pedrosa's was 'raspy' & fast revving & Dovi's was 'dull' sounding & slower revving & the customer Honda's are nowhere close to each other either, with the Scott Honda being last years customer bike!! This is why motogp is so boring now & is the reason why I will be watching WSBK only next year - motogp is dead...it'll be the same top 4 next year as it has been for the last 3 seasons!!

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

goat46 is right...

but why not just take off ALL restrictions on engine size and configuration - and go back to carburators. I like the use of control tires because I really don't care what brand of tire wins and tires can have a huge effect on the outcome.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Re. Spies being humbled...

Maybe yes or maybe no but ........obviously Lorenzo hasn't read that script!!! haha

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

SV659Nut

Dont you realise that going back to carburetors would be a retrograde  step? why not go the whole hog and go back to twin shock suspension and steel cradle frames.

Motorsport is all about pushing the boundaries of technology, that will eventually filter down to production bikes - hopefully! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices