Ask an Expert MOD 1 Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > MOD 1

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

kilo13

Oct 09

kilo13 says:

MOD 1

I know there are a number of posts regarding Mod1 up on this forum but I like to add my experince to the subject.

I've just been to take my mod 1 today at Kirkham, Lancashire, unfortunately I've FAILED !!

I've put my foot down on the Slalom, this was due to nerves, also this and the fig 8 was the two manoeuvers I was struggling on during my direct access training.

I was gutted, but I carried on, and now I was relaxed, fig 8 went through without any issue.

The next thing I failed on was the avoidance, I clip the inner cone as I came in, but other than that I enjoyed the experince.

The speed for avoidance was 56 kph & 63 kph for the Emergency stop.

I had a good instructor from BCL in Blackpool, when we done the training, they shorting the measurements, done the slow riding on a sloped and was lucky to have also practiced in the wet  - Train hard Fight Easy!!

For people who are worried about the mod 1 test don't, really don't, there are plenty of room to do manoeuvrs, just relax :lol: and people who are on a 125, you've got plenty of room to build up speed on the bend.

Once again RELAX and Plan Ahead, and you wont make the silly mistakes like I did :tongue: Best of luck to all mod 1 takers, I got 2 weeks for the retake :wink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 October 2009 12:05)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle