You are in... Forums > General > General > Ride To The Wall 2009

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Istate75

May 09

Istate75 says:

Ride To The Wall 2009

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I looked through the posts and couldn't find it mentioned..Is anybody planning to go to the Ride To The Wall 2009? Did anybody go last year?

Someone who is involved in organising it mentioned it to me over the weekend. It's this Saturday 10th October and is a ride from Drayton Manor to the National Arboretum in Staffordshire to raise money for the upkeep of the memorial and to remember those soldiers who have lost their lives in action since the end of WW2.

From what I understand, last year was the first one and it was expected to have around 800 bikes attend, but over 3000 turned up on the day.

There is a website giving info and providing photos and videos (including news coverage) from last year at:

http://www.rttw.org/

Anybody else heard of it??

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2009 10:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

RTW

Yes, I am going got to support the troops.

Vids from the last one look good and it's organised by Northampton MC so hopefully I shold recognise some of the guys.

Reply to this Topic
beany25

Jun 04

beany25 says:

RTTW 2009

both my wife and I are attending this years event. We both feel its important to support and remember!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
greendemon

Oct 08

greendemon says:

we went

replied to BaldE35 post.

Reply to this Topic
Jim353

Oct 09

Jim353 says:

RTTW 2009

This year's Run To The Wall was even bigger than last year. Estimated at nearly 6000 bikes set off from Drayton Manor on Sat 10 Oct 09 for the National Arboretum in Alrewas.

The day was to pay respect and remember all service personnel that have have laid down their lives for our freedom.

There was a mix of all bikes from CG125s to Triumph Rockets, although most were Hogs, taking part in a well organised run. The service was short but fitting, and all that attended paid tribute from all of the biking community.

Roll on RTTW 2010. www.rttw.org for more info. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices