Skip to content

Discuss This New Kawasaki Z1000 gets new engine and chassis New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Kawasaki Z1000 gets new engine and chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Kawasaki Z1000 gets new engine and chassis

The 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 is all-new. It gets a 1043cc engine built from scratch and, for the first time, an aluminium chassis. It shares only a handful of components with the old Z1000. The bike has new styling, a lower seat and a horizontally-mounted rear shock that frees up room under the engine for the new exhaust system. MCN revealed the new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2009 10:43)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
theotherbikeshop

Oct 09

And another thing !

P.s if you think the new Z1000 styling is controversial wait till you see it in metalic chestnut brown with a snakeskin seat !!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Chanter62

Aug 02

Chanter62 says:

I have owned Kawasakis for donkey's years since I was 18, I'm currently 47 and own one of the last ZX9Rs and was going to buy a new Z1000 as my next machine.

If it looks like this there is NO WAY they are getting my money. It is as pig ugly a machine as I have ever seen. They have ruined this one gorgeous looking machine.

Aprilia's Tuono may just get the money now....anyone know a good auto electrician and a source of cheap Aprilia clutches?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i tried a cb1000r and was impressed ... until i rode the brutale 910S.  made the honda feel heavy and underpowered, even with the so-called 'blade engine'.  i'm sure honda could have had a go at making a genuine sports bike with high bars, but they held back .... which i think is a shame.  they make a 600 if you don't need the outright power, so i'm at a loss why their marketing folks can't square the circle on this one and get the engineers to do a proper naked 1000.

and my MV certainly doesn't look "unfinished", despite it having virtually the same running gear as an F4!

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

new z1000.

as a kawasaki owner ( zx10r 06), i have to say that i think it is an improvment on the last model!!!!!i am loving it,lower seat,better frame,more power,better bodywork.if you are after a bike of this style you can buy a lot  worse!!(like the aprilia) ha ha....well done kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

ugly

hate to say it, but looks like the front has been crushed - an ugly terd compared to the MV Agusta Brutale.

Reply to this Topic
Tordy3002

Apr 09

Tordy3002 says:

I like it. I like z1000's anyway and I dont like it looks too different from the existing, maybe a touch bulky rather than flamboyant and over the top like they used to be. Kawa green or orange!! haha.

The covers over the front forks would have to come off tho, surely you'd wana be able to see the upside downies.

Reply to this Topic
magpiemale

May 06

magpiemale says:

Z1000 make over

Well kawasaki have finally moved on with their thinking and materials.Aluminum frame ! movable clocks to suit rider !  newer engine ! (not a doner) so they do have some brains then,now don't get me wrong I like kawasaki I loved the z750 though they do skimp on quality parts so when rain or winter comes thing's start to go west,also missing part's which would go along way to make the bike better like a hugger to stop road muck getting to the suspension,a simple thing which should not be customer decision.Nowadays people use bikes for all things now I know the Z1000 is not a touring machine but people will use them as such so would not a larger fuel tank have been better ? esp since people today demand more from the things they buy.

Always mfr's cut the fuel down for cleaner air at the back end but at the cost of more fuel ? sounds bloody mad eh chuck 3 times more fuel in when oil is running out just to make cleaner air coming out of the exhaust.I bet if you look at the fuel tank it could of done without a bit of plastic or could have had  more height or breadth without affecting the knees of riders to keep the capacity at 19-20 litres thus maybe getting 150 + miles out of it.If triumph (which is not really a big sized company like honda or yamaha) can shell out on a second bike to run along side the other same budget bike  but with more quality parts then I am sure kawasaki and others can see a winning bike a do the same as I myself would of paid out £1500 more on a Z750s if it were loads more better made.That's why I got the FZ1

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

new z1000.

message to merv007,can you please remind me of the price of a mv agusta brutale!!!!!!(knob)....

Reply to this Topic
rikbos250

Oct 09

rikbos250 says:

Z 1000

Beautiful man when is the price coming out??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle