Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Rocket III Roadster first ride impressions New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Rocket III Roadster first ride impressions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Triumph Rocket III Roadster first ride impressions

The UK launch of Triumph’s Rocket III Roadster is under way this what MCN’s chief road tester Trevor Franklin has to say about it... Although not a completely new machine, the Roadster is a brave departure from the custom cruiser segment with Triumph now lumping this version of its 2294cc Rocket III in the streetfighter category. With footpegs pushed back by 100mm...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 October 2009 11:58)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

No other bike has the presence of a Rocket 3, not even a VMAX.

Reply to this Topic
Chromatic

Jul 04

Chromatic says:

Oh come on. Changing the header pipes, footpegs and handlebars doesn't change the Rocket from a Cruiser (ok power cruiser) to a streetfighter. Other cruisers have had the same upright sitting positions before this (eg the Valkyrie line - which Truimph took as it's inspiration from to make the Rocket in the first place).

I think this has eveything to do with the UK low esteme of cruisers and little to do genuine bike design.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Rocket III

Looks a bit strange ,desperate times it seems for Triumph.While Ducati, BMW etc. are investing heavily this is what Triumph churn out.They have lost the plot at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
triplethreat

Oct 09

triplethreat says:

PERFECT

I have a Rocket III and these are the changes I've longed for. Believe me, it will move the bike to uncharted territory!

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I think this will do well. Like a lot of guys who were interested in the new VMax, but gutted at the stupid price, we now have a well priced, well made alternative. Well done Triumph!

Reply to this Topic
weejeemy

Oct 09

weejeemy says:

Triumph Rocket 111

Looks good , sounds good and I hope the gearbox is up to the task.

Reply to this Topic
galswort

May 06

galswort says:

Rocket III

I'm sure the gearbox will be fantastic, just like the original one, like a hot knife thru warm butter!

Still think that radiator looks a bit big though...

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Are there any known issues with the R3? I guess it's a thirsty beast....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices