Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland: “I want to win more titles than Fogarty” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland: “I want to win more titles than Fogarty”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland: “I want to win more titles than Fogarty”

James Toseland has vowed to win more WSB crowns than Carl Fogarty when he returns to Superbike series in 2010. Following months of speculation, Toseland will trade places with American sensation Ben Spies and join fellow Brit Cal Crutchlow in an all British factory Yamaha World Superbike dream team.Having won two WSB crowns in 2004 and 2007, Toseland knows the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 October 2009 12:57)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
horny955

May 07

horny955 says:

Back off

Its started already hasn't it, the press and its hangers on are already piling in the pressure and their expectations of Mr Toseland. Just BACK OFF and let the lad  finish this season.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

er, horny955

He's a double WSBK champion - no one expects him to be pulling up the rear.

There is nothing wrong with stacking more trophies on the shelf JT - go for it!

Reply to this Topic
spiller1000

Sep 09

spiller1000 says:

fat lady singing

but he probably wont

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

YEA RIGHT

DREAM ON

Reply to this Topic
realtec

Jul 04

realtec says:

Racer

He chose to be a racer, we all wanted him to be great, he knew what was required. Good on ya mate for giving it your all.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Damn straight James

From the horses mouth comes what I feel to be the case too. A double WSBK champ, 2 yrs GP experience and coming back to WSBK on a top bike. How can he not be a better rider - and still young with it. JT will be right in the thick of the title hunt. Personally I really want to see Biaggi win a title next year, but James winning wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's got many a good year ahead of him to lay down a big marker or two in this series.

Reply to this Topic
flatspots

Aug 09

flatspots says:

Statements of intent

He's piling pressure on himself.

Reply to this Topic
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

Toseland 2.0

Now if he'll stay focus and will succeed again in WSBK than he can gain similar attention as Bayliss. Even Haga can't win his maiden crown and JT won on Duc on Honda and maybe will do this onboard Yamaha. There're many forgotten riders in motogp who always were behind podium and even Hayden or Stoner haven't been remembered as charismatic winners. Also Rossi has said that novadays World Superbike series is more enjoyable than boring Motogp...that's the other side of backing to WSB. It's not step back, it's a step forward. If he will succeed he will laugh last.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Ha ha

As the old Rolling Stones lyrics go - "you cant always get what you want", maybe he could play that on his piano?

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

agree

Why pile pressure on yourself?

I also, like many others do not know how good that bike really is, it has broken no lap records at all in BSB, but Leon is a decent rider.

In WSBK it has gone really well, but Ben went well on K model Suzukis which were rubbish in both BSB and WSBK, plus Sykes doesnt look like he is riding an easy to ride bike, he looked better on his old Suzuki.

Ducati seem to have found something, Honda and Aprilia have closed the gap, BMW are improving all of the time, there could be a second Aprilia team, plus teams that arent winning are thinking a lot more about rider selection.

Just chill JT, get on the bike and see where you are, then build on it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices