It looks like a kid's drawing of a bike. If they really want to make a bike that appeals to more people then they should start thinking about what could really encourage people to get into biking:
1. Cheap - to buy, to run, and high mpg or electric, low tax, 0% offers
2. Easy to ride - good, adjustable riding position, easy on the wrists and back, great handling
3. Comfortable - heated grips, good seat as standard - no need to buy an airhawk
4. Easy to maintain - an improved belt drive, accessible engine - easy to remove fairing, cheap to service and repair
5. Doesn't look like the Honda C90 :)
Fashion designs are a gimmick and will only appeal to a few. We really need something that's an effective alternative to public transport, and much more support from the government to achieve this - there's a ride to work scheme for bicycles - why not one for motorbikes?
I want a sportsbike, but I know it'll just be an expensive hobby, but I also want a cheap commuter that's cheap and easy to maintain - can't believe how much time I'm wasting in traffic these days.