Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 Yamaha FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2010 Yamaha FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

2010 Yamaha FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer

Yamaha’s FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer will only get a new ECU map for ‘increased drivability’ for the 2010 model year – the rest of the bike remains technically unchanged. Yamaha says: “For 2010 both the FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer feature revised ECU mapping which is designed to deliver even better drivability whilst maintaining the engine’s outstanding mid and high-rpm performance.”

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 October 2009 10:21)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

ECU

Maybe an all new Fazer for 2011 then? Crossplane crank & radial brakes.

I have a 2007 Fazer fitted with an Akrapovic end can & I have plenty of drivability.

Reply to this Topic
Rogb

Aug 04

Rogb says:

Must be a sign of the times - or is it? Yamaha could do a lot with the FZ1 other than minor engine tweaks and endless colour scheme changes. Compared with other offerings the FZ1 looks like it is made down to a price, although once ridden you'd be hooked I was!) A bit more bling and brighter colour schemes is what the product needs. I love my 2008 model but £8800 for an S model today is way too expensive. Yamaha should take the bike upmarket and not hike the price. Or simply reduce the price.

Reply to this Topic
obie01

Aug 09

obie01 says:

FZ1 Frazer

Sports tourer
Well Yamaha there a market for you if you made this bike with a full fairing slightly larger and 200kg dry weight and 150 HP and 110 NM (0.74 hp/kg) O that’s right just like the old Yamaha Thunderace yzf1000r. A real sports bike class a step down from your R1 super bikes able to be used for sport riding 

Reply to this Topic
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Obie 1

I'd buy the one you just described mate, would be perfect for me

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

come on yamaha!

... pull the stops out in 2011 and do a proper job with the fazer - better build quality, better quality components, less weight and a cross-plane crank motor.  surely one of the japanese manufacturers will cotton on soon that there will surely be a tuono rsv-4 before too long?!

Reply to this Topic
beanzy

Nov 09

beanzy says:

FZ1 Fazer

I had a Thunderace and a 600 Bandit loved the performance of the first and the riding position of the second, so I rolled them into one and bought a new 08 FZ1 Fazer. Faster than thr Thunderace but like new shoes not quite as comfy as the Bandit. No one seems to dislike the bike on viewing but why oh why couldn't Yamaha have made the tank BIGGER. I also have the factory colour matched fairing which is Brill. I,m married but if your not don't bother, just buy one of these and you'll always be in love.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle