Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland: “I want the WSB title back” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland: “I want the WSB title back”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland: “I want the WSB title back”

The story so farSince joining the French Tech 3 Yamaha satellite squad at the end of 2007, Toseland has enjoyed a mixture of success and disappointment, but ultimately hasn’t done enough to keep his ride in the fiercely competitive class. Following months of speculation, it was confirmed last week that Toseland will trade places with American sensation Ben Spies and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 October 2009 12:13)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rustique

Apr 09

rustique says:

spiller1000

Do you exactly watch , follow or read anything about motorbikeracing or are you just another idiot that will spill my know-it-all on here???? ONCE in a blue moon on the rostrum for CE I wouldnt call regular !!!!

Noone else then what ppl like to call the 4 Aliens will ever win a championship aslong as they are racing for example Stoner 3 races out , another 3 races half fit and still fighting for 3rd in the championship you re man CE the best of the rest a distanted 6th .

And as for your man Spies ever wondered why o why he hasnt won the championship yet ???? even with 13 racewins ..... because he is to much of DO or DIE man and ends to often in the kittylitter , consistency wins championships nothing else .And further his wildcard has been confirmed for about a forthnite now so please get yourself informed before you talk .

But anyway the best of luck to JT for next year and beyond > JT your confidence should be sky high as even after your so called disaster in GPs Yamaha still gives you their backing and see in you their best opportunity for WSB in 2010 . Only a shame the Tech3 politics didnt work in your favour

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

I want To BE a Millionaire

What he wants and what he gets WILL be two different things

Reply to this Topic
rustique

Apr 09

rustique says:

killahrat

Yes I do watch bikeracing and not only from my settee , mingle with teams and mechanics alike and a lot more I suppose I m priveliged that due to my job I have the chance to visit inside the paddock and so possibly have even spoken to more riders , teams and mechanics alike then you will ever read about here at MCN .If you want to know what rustique stands for then click on Tech3 website and look under team ..... might give you a clue if you smart enough , then again maybe not just remember 1 plus 1 is 2 not 3.

As for your comment you forget to mention though that as for Haga he had a terrific crash midseason which saw him hardly fit to ride a bikefor a tleast 2 meetings  which resulted in his 88 point lead to vanish , also he was knocked of his bike by a certain Johny Rea which cost him dearly .And as for the bike the bike cant be that bad with 13 racewins in WSB and 16 (so far ) in BSB amount that with Hagas and Corsers performaces in 2008 on the same bike then .

Anyway maybe you should just stick to cricket where ' rain stops play ' another simularity with AMA lol .

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

JT

Stig you are spot on with what you say.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
vdue09

Oct 09

vdue09 says:

Support Toseland!!

I dont realise what all the fuss is about with James Toseland. Take Troy Bayliss, he went to MotoGP and did nothing while he was there but everyone regards him as a legend. But look what James did to him in 2007 in WSB. He took the whole field apart on a factory SUPPORTED machine, including Bayliss. There are other riders too, Troy Corser, Carl Fogarty and even Colin Edwards. All have done fantastic in WSB and not really performed when they stepped up to MotoGP but nobody seems to criticise them to the same extent as Toseland. I dont think anybody is more disappointed with his season as himself but it happens and he'll bounce back. He is truly a great rider and deserves the whole support of everybody interested in bike racing. I believe he'll get back to MotoGP some day if he wants it but its not the be all and end all. The biggest problem is probably MotoGP itself but thats a whole new debate about the state of that championship!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

They're vocal because they care

You Brit's are in a perennial search for the next Barry Sheene, Ian Botham, Fred Perry and whoever the hell was big in football. Some are a little more pragmatic than others about what's happened to JT. Whist I can understand your disappointment, all the JT slagging is uncalled for - after all you're disappointed because you thought he might have a show in GP's - as did I. The guy is still extremely talented and in with a good shout for the WSBK title next year, you should get behind him.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Agree

With the last couple of comments,yes we should support the guy especially if you're a Brit.

To a few people who think James Toseland will find it tough returning to WSB.He has just spent 2 years riding in the elite class of Motorcycle racing where he managed to put in a shit load of top 10 finishes,several of which were in 6th place.Just to be able to get those he was riding faster than he ever did in WSB just to keep up with the riders infront and ahead of the guys behind.As good as WSB is,it's still a large step behind Moto GP and always will be.Just because Checa or Biaggi haven't won a WSB title yet doesn't mean JT will not be as good as he was before.I think once he gets used to riding a slower heavier motorcycle again WSB compared to the machine he's had for 2 yrs,i think he will be up the front more often than he isnt.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Agostini15, we'll see

I take it you supported Ago in his day ? lots of brits around then,one great one ended his reign, number 7,the best i have ever seen and i supported him win lose or draw not because he was british but because he was just a great man, great rider and a bloody nice bloke,since then we have had several that run in the top ten Haslam mackenzie Rob mac etc and yet I supported other riders  too not because of nationality but sheer talent,talent should be encouraged and applauded not someones birthplace,do you rate Rossi,you know the other italian bloke that was in the isle of man with Ago ?.......   not ego! respect is earned not demanded or a birthright

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

thestig08

No,i didn't support Ago in his day because i was too young to remember him,it's only when i was old enough to appreciate ALL motorcyle racers that i understood fully what he did and admired him from that day to this.I got interested in Motorcyle Racing in the late 70s when i was a little kid because of Barry Sheene who to this day is still my all time hero.Regardless of the fact that Toseland is also British does that mean i'm not allowed to support him, and you seem to think i don't rate or admire any other rider ??? Where do you get that idea from or am i misunderstanding your comment ? Do i rate Rossi ? The guy is the modern God who is equal to no one,is that enough of an idea about that ? I get the impression you dont think Toseland is worthy of support,if so i don't rate your judgement.I too support and admire any rider regardless of country of origin or era.Sheene is God to me as far as im concerned but Kenny Roberts snr was the most awesome rider i've ever seen race in the flesh.He's also an American in case you didn't know !

Reply to this Topic
hotscott

Jun 07

hotscott says:

backstabbers

I hope that JT comes back all guns blazing in WSBK. I'll be cheering him on like I have been regardless of the results. Casey Stoner thinks he's got problems with brit fans being Haters,He should try JT's boots on. Good luck James

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices