Skip to content

Ask an Expert More Husky Problems - Staring/Battery life Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > More Husky Problems - Staring/Battery life

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikerXtina

Sep 09

BikerXtina says:

More Husky Problems - Staring/Battery life

My husqvarna SM610S 2005 will not start within a few tries and then the battery flattens. It takes approx 4 times to start and then seems to run fine but a few hours later I try again and the battery dies. please help. Do I need a new battery because it seems to be doing the job it's just flattening because the bike doesn't start straight away. My friend has a supermoto KTM and his always starts after a two tries on the electric start. Why is mine taking four-five times?

I'm having to charge the battery off a van to try again each day. I think the battery charger (alternator) is working as it will start ok after a good run. Could it be that the alarm system is draining the battery? It's always after a few hours of leaving it off that I have problems starting it.:huh: Confused and annoyed!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 October 2009 10:11)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

HUSQVARNA SM610S 2005

Hi Biker Xtina

Sounds like your battery isn't holding its charge?try taking the battery to a shop that can test it for its Amp's and if its losing its charge.It could be showing 12.5-8 volts all the time but may not be holding a Amp charge(power)If your battery is showing less than 12.5volts its below Parr anyway.There could be a an electrical drain somewhere as well,that will need investigating by a motorcycle tech,if its not a battery problem unless you can do the investigation work yourself . Good Luck.

K.C.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices