Skip to content

Discuss This New Ducati Hypermotard 796 first ride! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Ducati Hypermotard 796 first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

New Ducati Hypermotard 796 first ride!

The new Ducati Hypermotard 796 is a smaller version of the Hypermotard 1100, with an all-new engine and a lighter, lower chassis aimed at new riders. Watch the Hypermotard 796 video test Michael Neeves is currently testing the bike in Bologna, here are his first impressions. “This is a mid-range version of the Hypermotard 1100 using an engine derived from the Monster 696. "This...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (12 October 2009 10:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

I kind of like it.

Slightly pricey if you consider it against the cost of some japanese bikes but if the weights not portly then this could be a fairly good seller. Seat height looks very reasonable aswell.

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

I have always wanted a Street triple, waited 9 months, upgraded to the R and then canceled due to my job. In that time I had 2 GSXR 750s and loved them... sadly had one nicked and crashed the other.. Hmm maybe this should be the bike for me... LOL

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Its only £500 more than the Aprilia Dorsothingymajig, so will probably tempt a few people. Looks great, sadly the Japanese aren't really offering a viable alternative (at the moment) to these 'higher spec' supermoto bikes. it would be nice to see more of these.

Reply to this Topic
chrisdrive

Oct 09

chrisdrive says:

Hype about Junior-Hypi?

Like the idea, reminds a bit of the middle-class Original-copy Dorsoduro.So Duc have reacted at last.The continentals have already started shouting the word ABS! at Bologna, though, since the wee-Monster will be getting it next year sometime. I also heard that Suzuki has a stripped prototype DL with it's eyes on Duc and Aprilia. Next year's going to be pretty interesting......

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Ducati Needed More Of These....

For ladies and new riders of both sexes who simply want Ducati without the extra £££s needed for one.

If i had a choice of this bike or the monster, i know where i'd go!

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

That look awesome. The low seat height should be  a bonus for many too. A great bike for new riders, the Japanese need to get into this market.

Reply to this Topic
nellopuma

Feb 03

nellopuma says:

about time ducati!!!!!

i had the 1100 out for a test ride when my 1098 was in getting serviced, it was bonkers, i remember asking the salesman if there was a smaller engined one. and there wasnt at the time.........ducati have listened! i consider myself as an experienced rider (12 years), i currently own two bikes, this will me my third!! It puts me off slightly that it is being compared to a monster and targeted at newer riders.....ducati are selling themselves short!! as a ducati owner i totally agree with slipper as standard! i look forward to the real review in mcn, lets hope they test it as a supermoto and not a superbike!

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Sounds like a great fun bike. Nice and light. Responsive and reasonably priced.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Wings..

What about the excellent FMX650? ok maybe not.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices