Skip to content

General Considerate drivers? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Considerate drivers?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Considerate drivers?

Went for a walk down our local bypass this morning for about 45 minutes facing oncoming traffic,1 in 15 on their mobiles to their ears,1 lady eating a big sausage roll/type from a paper bag,1 wagon driver rolling a fag on his steering wheel,OK also 1in10 not wearing a seat belt,another 3 of our asian friends wearing the belt inbetween the elbows and shoulders! I`ve just realised (being slow ) why certain people tint their windows!!! So there`s less chance of being seen:shock: What about the drivers going in the other direction?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (12 October 2009 23:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

750Flyer

Yuk, and I thought it was a pidgeon that made the mess on my visor when behind you..

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

LOL Norris...

and I thought she hadn't spilt a drop!!!    :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
wareham

Jul 09

wareham says:

Smoking

I have smoked in the past, and a couple of times a year still have a cigar or pipe, but would never dream of smoking while driving.

What would happen if I was to drop said smoking cigarette etc? Let's face it, we have all dropped things in the past and the odds are that we will drop things in future. In all likelihood, I would look down and not have my eyes on the road. If that was at the wrong moment ...

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Living room extensions...

Being a newly returned older (and now slower) rider I've been watching this for years from my slow old 110 landy, but now its even clearer, too many distracting toy's!

The woman on the M27 in the white Fiat 500 thing who plays with her baby in the baby seat next to her however is even worse, when I see her in the outside lane as usual I lane split the other side of the middle lane, and I suppose she does the same at 70 as she does at 20 MPH!

As for Smoking, if the dirty buggers didn't flick ash (even cold it can blind you for minutes) or drop their butt's it would help, a lot. And failure to feed their addiction actually makes them more dangerous IME.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Well,

Mr Rotherham, I do the same. Also, if i'm in the outside OVERTAKING lane (little subtle reminder to those who think it's acceptable to drive along in the outside lane as long as they are doing the speed limit.) and I am still overtaking, i will indicate right to let my fellow motorcyclist undertake me safely, and it's always nice to get that nod.

I also smoke whilst driving. I make a point of not flicking the ash onto any bikes. I do 35000 miles a year in my little diesel van, and I am more than capable of concentrating on both things at once. Although it is a gross habit and I am trying to give the bloody things up.

There are too many gadgets to play with in modern motors, air con, climate control, sat nav, radio/cd player, cruse control, I-pod thingy's, and the like. Get back to basics and make the roads safer for all.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Modern motors

Yep, followed a guy last week, weaving all over the road, fiddling with his CD player, then fiddling with his air suspension whilst driving along, stereo blaring out in town,  He was so busy chatting to his wife in the rear that he nearly ran over a child..Bloody Goldwings should be banned:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices