Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Biker or Motorcyclist

Which one are you?

Think carefully now...:winkie:.... and if you could explain why, -  that would be marvelous.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 October 2009 18:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Jeni4

We not all just 'Riders' at the end of the day? :lol:

Apparently not .... scorps was complaining last night that this site had become a 'motorcyclists' site ..to quote -  'all pipe and slippers'   ...whereas she was a 'biker' .... defined by the fact that in the old days 'wild parties' were attended (I'm not sure what 'wild' means..... perhaps some Vimto was spilled on the hearth-rug? :winkie:)   

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

That's it then ..the majority on here ..

..seem to regard themselves as 'motorcyclists' ....

'Motorcyclists' it is then :winkie:

I shall be proud to count myself as a motorcyclist   ..Hurrah!..:smile. *throws pipe and slippers in the air* :winkie:.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

If you ride a

bicycle as well would you be a singletrackvehiclist ? :huh::unsure::blink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Pansie

I'm too much of a wuss to be a biker.

Although I have be partial to breaking up the odd pub brawl - when a scrawny runt gets in the way they just can't bring themselves to risk breaking it.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Motorcyclist....

definately. Love riding, not a 'cruser' or a 'greaser' just a lover.

Though I do have a shaven head:huh:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

The whole thing

has been messed around too much by the media anyway, trying to pigeonhole everyone into neat little boxes! I am not a number! I am a free man!  I choose motorcycles because it followed on from belting about on a bicycle and was faster and more exciting and dynamic, I had to pass car test to help improve employment prospects, and though the four wheelers hold my interest too, they can never replace the purity of something that is so close to natural movement. Take me away from the bike/motorcycle but you can't get the biker/motorcyclist out of me!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

For me

It's an easy definition and I know i'm a biker...

BIKER:

Someone who lives and breathes bikes, considers them in most aspects of their life, goes on big bike trips, possibly follows the racing, has many biker pals, prob is on web forums like this, rides for fun whenever possible.

MOTORCYCLIST:

Someone who simply owns a motorcycle. More than likely just for getting to work or the like.

Someone said something about being 'annoraky' earlier..... Aren't we all......?  Abit?

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
samuraiguitars

May 06

Defiantly

BIKER. I own a car but if I'm not carrying people or heavy/bulky stuff I ride regardless of weather. The black leather is purely co-incidental:smile. I even keep a bike at my sisters farm in the algarve so I don't get withdrawl symptoms on holiday.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

flip the coin and it lands on its edge

In the UK I was a biker (rallies, bike meets, track days, ride outs, making and modding bikes etc). Over here in italy most of these opportunities are not an option (no rallies, no real bike meets, very few track days, legislation against modding bikes etc). Still do the occassional ride out but it tends to be something of a formal affair and looses some of its appeal. I fear that at the moment I'm border line motorcyclist (I ride every day but thats out of neccessity because of congestion and time).

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

James

James600zx says:

Blimey, this site is slow!!

I was shut out for an hour or more after clicking 'Submit'. How are we supposed to get any spontaneous banter going? I copied the text first so, a bit late but -

Skycat, I'll stick with the Hob Nobs. :unsure:

Munro or Corbet: some sort of Scottish hill classification?

Taken from Munromagic site:

The Munros are the highest of Scotland's mountains, 283 mountain tops named after the man who first catalogued them, Sir Hugh Munro. The Munros are among the finest mountains in Scotland.

The Corbetts are the equivalent mountains with altitudes between 2500ft and 3000ft and The Grahams between 2000ft and 2500ft. Whilst smaller in stature many Corbetts and Grahams rival Munros for walking and climbing.

It all Davec fault, he walks more than me, and I was bitten by the bug.   It's knackering and at times I almost want to give up, but never do.  But once at the top the reward is the amazing views.:biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices