Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 Ducati Multistrada squares up against GS New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2010 Ducati Multistrada squares up against GS

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

2010 Ducati Multistrada squares up against GS

These latest exclusive pictures of Ducati’s new 2010 Multistrada show the Italian firm is going straight after sales of BMW’s R1200GS. The extreme test conducted on a motocross track was spotted by one of MCN’s spy snappers and shows the new 1098-powered Multistrada being endurance tested in Italy. The bike was getting at least six feet of air over some of the jumps...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 October 2009 08:12)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ackers

Feb 09

ackers says:

Let me cast my mind back.

Ah!!!! A Ducati engined Adventure bike. What a revelation!

Wait a minute Wasnt the Cagiva Elefant a Ducati engined Adventure bike (although not a Ducati iteslf - I know)?

My advice Ducati? Get the 1098 engine in a frame similar to the Fant, change the fairing to allow 'double decker' Xenon lights, upgrade the suspension a little, and amend the rear subframe to make luggage carrying easier and you will have yourself an £8k GS destroyer. Already has the right wheels, a 25 litre tank, perfect riding position and proven Paris Dakar history.

Missed a trick I think - but then again the sportsbike riders do not reaise just how many people in the world actually do ride Dual Sport/Adventure bikes in the way they should be used. Take a look at ADVrider or Hoizons Unlimited. These guys are crying out for an alternative to The GS (QC Issues) or the KTM Adventure (alleged fragility).

In my opinion my old 97 Elefant is only a touch behind the 1200 GS as an overall bike but, as it is 100lbs lighter I know which I would rather take off road. If it was a little smoother at low revs it would be perfect.

Grand Mahout

Reply to this Topic
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

small front wheel

Like most BMW GSs it probably won't see anything off-road. However, from the photos it doesn't look like its even got a 19 inch front wheel that saids to me it's a road bike. I will stick with my KTM Adventure, despite the tank range.

Reply to this Topic
simon0503

Jun 06

simon0503 says:

Trailies cont...

Why does everyone harp on about GS's and KTM Adventures'? And why do the big manufacturers try to sell us road going bikes as adventure bikes (i.e. Tiger, Multistrada etc.)? Surely the best value, genuine all rounder/adventure bike on the market is the 650 VStrom...and, yes, it is an adventure bike! It has been ridden around the world (same route as Ewan and Charlie) by 2 guys with no mechanical problems whatsoever (see the VStrom Owners Club website)!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices