Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland’s crew chief to move to Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Toseland’s crew chief to move to Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland’s crew chief to move to Moto2

The departure of James Toseland from MotoGP has proved costly for the crew chief at the centre of a bust-up between the British rider and Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Colin Edwards last winter. Gary Reynders, who left Texan Edwards at the end of the 2008 MotoGP world championship to make a controversial switch to work with Toseland, will move to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 October 2009 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Silky600

Oct 09

Silky600 says:

How quick things can Change

I think Toesland shot himself in his own foot really when he stole Edwards Crew Chief. Its funny how in his first year he had some fo his best races and most consistante finishes. Remember thou he was still talking with Edwards and getting alot of sound advice and tips but all of a sudden when they fell out at christmas his second season went drastically down hill! Maybe if James had just accepted things on his side of the garage then he'd still have another ride with Tech 3 this year? You cant blame edwards neither because he's a top bloke as he's even offered to help Spies in the same way knowing that he is an even bigger threat to him than Toesland ever was and could of been!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

So the crew chief switch backfired badly on Gary Reynders as well as Toseland it seems.

Serves them both right.

Reply to this Topic
sonto100

Jul 09

sonto100 says:

toseland

and now toseland is going to take spies place in wsk for yamaha, as reported in the american press, I wish him well, he'll have a long hard road back to where he was when he left... 

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

Get it right.....

More ill informed drivel guys..... Toseland did not steal Edward's crew chief.  It was Yamaha who instigated the whole change and poor old JT got it in the neck from both Edwards and a million other nonces!  No wonder he under-performed this year with all of that to contend with.  Best of luck to him in WSB I say.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think dickthebuttcockscruttock is the one who needs to get it right, to quote tech3 boss,  Herve Poncheral ''James got the crew chief & the tyres he wanted''

I have no idea where you have been hiding this year but i saw an interview with Toseland where he agreed that he & Reynders openly discussed the switch before the Tech3 boss got involved and Toseland is on record as saying there were ''communication problems'' with Guy Coulon his 2008 crew chief who Colin Edwards has since described as a genius.

Dont paint Toseland to be all inocent in all this as most certainly is not.

Reply to this Topic
SUTTYGP

Oct 08

SUTTYGP says:

Serves 'em right

It seems the comunication problem last year wasn't Guys ears but JTs mouth. Look how well Colin has gone this year and how bad JT went without advice from Edwards as silky600 rightly pointed out. As for Reynders, think he was after the glory that Toseland breify basked in in his first year with tech3. Well done Colin and Guy, the other two?  Serves 'em right.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

the majority of the comments sound spot on

Serves them both right! about sums it up best !,They have both been shot with a ball of their own shit,touche

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices