You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Lake Garda

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

urbmark

Nov 07

urbmark says:

Lake Garda

Can anybody recommend good biker friendly accommodation for Lake Garda area and en route from Dover ? ( ie over night stop/s )

Once there we just require a base for the fortnight and ride out daily.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 October 2009 20:27)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
casalinda

Aug 09

casalinda says:

lake garda

I don't know about biker friendly places but spent 2 wks based near Torre de Benaco on the east side of Lake Garda in 1998, and it was lovely. Really great little town, delicious pizzas & ice creams. 
Recommend riding down through Haute Provence: Crest, Dieulefit, Nyons.  Beautiful country, mountains etc.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Its probably the wrong side

of the Massif Central for your trip, but you could look at gitesnbikes website, they are between Limoges and Clermont Ferrand, so about halfway down France.

Reply to this Topic
urbmark

Nov 07

urbmark says:

Thanks

For the replies they are much appreciated.

I'm ideally looking for a B&B in the Lake Garda area that has secure parking for motorcycles,and the same for en-route too I guess ( over night stop) .
I don't have the stamina or mental strength of Nick Sanders for a 1000 + mile ride in one go :winkie: Well actually I probably do but the Wife ..... ?? Well..

Reply to this Topic
Hommedv

Feb 09

Hommedv says:

Lake Garda

A group of us stayed this year at a very reasonable B&B in Torbole at the top end of the Lake. It was very reasonably priced,welcoming and friendly, lending us pushbikes to ride out too!  Off the main drag, so quiet, but less than 5 mins from lake. Secure off-road parking was free.Villa Alberta, Via Strade Piccolo, Torbole sul Garda. The Stelvio Pass is in easy reach also. Try and come in from Austria over the Brenner Pass.

Reply to this Topic
wilkinsonp

Apr 03

wilkinsonp says:

Good hotel at the foot of the Stelvio

This hotel - http://www.alpigolf.bormio.it/ lies almost at the foot of the Stelvio Pass, is about an hour or so from Lake Garda and is definitely worth a look.  It has a huge underground car park with good, solid doors.  Elizabeth and Alfredo, she's English and he's Italian, looked after my wife and son and I very well about four years ago.  Their summer prices are much lower than the current skiing prices.

Reply to this Topic
MrRock

May 09

MrRock says:

Lazise

I was a teenage last time I was there but the place was full of bikes from little scooters to big tourers.  It's on the south-east side and like most other places around Lake Garda full of friendly locals, nice bistros and cafes.  Also Sirmione is somewhere you must visit.  You lucky bugger if you go in June or July you'll have a blinding time.  If you're looking for an en route, see if you can stop somewhere in the Swiss Alps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle