You are in... Forums > General > General > Well done Stoner

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Well done Stoner

Huge thumbs up for Stoner, he ran an excellent race and I doubt anyone could disagree.

Shame for Lorenzo, imagine he was gutted, off before he truly began.

I'm pretty chuffed for him and baffled by all the hate on here and other places.

Good on ya Stoner

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 October 2009 14:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

i think....

stoner would have maybe won the title if he hadnt have had time out.

you cant argue with the fact he can beat the best.

i hear all the crap about jenson button " his car was better at the start of season " etc....

THAT is what its all about!!!!! fuckwits!

TEAM effort! if a bike or car is better than the others.....mix it with a good driver / rider, then the winner at end of season deserves it no matter what. end of.

motorsport is a refreshing change to the thickos who act delirious when a ball goes in a net, motorsport is more "intelligent" for a start.

just watch the clips of scunthorpe / sheff united fans yesterday trying to dive over the hoardings when a ball went in. i was pissing myself at the gym today watching the clips. hilarious!!!

dear dear, get a life footie fans and do something to take out yer apeshit:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Can't really comment on other sports as I'm not a sports fan in general, I like to watch MotoGP and would probably catch the odd bit of BSB and WSB if I didn't have to subscribe to a sports channel i've no desire to.

Got a couple of friends into F1 but never been able to get into it. Used to watch rally years ago when Tony Mason was commentating.

As for football, it's entertaining solely for the fat beergutted pie munching fans spouting about 'how they would have tackled this or scored that' when the vast majority couldn't run half the pitch with a coronary

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

m1ks

the most annoying thing about footie fans, is hearing the phone in, on talk sport.

some of them are incandescent with rage, some nearly crying.

they have yet to learn it doesnt matter.

never heard a f1 or moto gp fan phoning in, saying "we " drove bad etc.

footie fans always do it, and they are embarassing to intelligent people!

i may copy them one day, walk around benidorm with a rossi helmet on chanting " who are yer, who are yer" ....

yep footie fans, embarassing!!! and pathetic:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Wriggler

May 09

Wriggler says:

Stoner strong

Now Stoner has been eating his salt sandwiches and making his gf sleep in the shed :blink: he looked like he was cruising for a scrap with 46.Could have gone faster as he did on the last lap.I think Rossi was scared to pass him :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
BabybladeRR

Sep 09

BabybladeRR says:

Stoner - welcome back

I agree, it was good to see Stoner back on pace and giving Rossi a good run.  Shame about Lorenzo but he needs more experience.  I would really like to see Pedrosa do better - he is like a terrier - sticks in there - hopefully Honda will pull something out of the bag over winter as he is riding the arse of that repsol.

and Toseland - what can you say ........

and tell me I am not the only one who switched on to watch it at 6.00 am this morning!!!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Philip island

Lorenzo seemed to take himself out of the race by moving across the track in to the back of Hayden.

Got to hand it to Stoner though, he definately can take the race to rossi from time to time.

Was watching a program the other day about extreme endurance events. They had a bit on it about injuries that the athletes can get and touched on sodium and potasium imbalances. Some people have died from it in the past and it seems that its due to taking on too much water when you're training/ racing. The excessive water dilutes the sodium and potasium levels in the blood to to dangerously low levels. Solution they said is to only drink when you're thirsty rather than trying to make sure you're keeping your hydration levels up. Looks like Stoner might have had a legitimate reason for taking sometime away from the racing.

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

You only have to watch him race prior to the rest up and see how he was, (starting strong and fading off quickly then looking physically exhausted), to know that something was wrong, of course it was just too easy for the hate crowd to rip the piss out of him and critiscise, had it been Rossi , Pedrosa or Lorenzo for that matter much of the same crowd would have been 'ahhhh shame, hope the rest does him good'
How many riders could come back from a 3 race break with NO TRAINING, race or physical and take a second place podium, (with a broken right footrest too) like he did.
The guy can race and he's still young.
Yes Rossi's good, he's a character, he's likeable and he likes messing with the other riders heads, he's not the first and sure won't be the last and he makes an interesting race, people just need to get to grips with the fact that not all racers love the limelight, some just like the race and push to win, (look at Barry Sheene's popularity in comparison to Phil Read)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices