You are in... Forums > General > General > Module 1 can be passed

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

alisha161102

Aug 09

alisha161102 says:

Module 1 can be passed

The module 1 test can be passed. I am a chunky old bloke on a twist and go 125cc scooter and managed to pass this module.

I not bragging about it, but i spent ages working it out that i needed to take the corner at about 20-25 mph to build up the speed to 32mph.

On watching others who failed the swerve test, they were just going to slow around the bend and could not build up the speed intime.

So just some friendly advice, be calm and confident and you can do it, cause, lumpy old me done it and now i have to go for module 2! Good luck everyone!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 October 2009 22:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

alisha

Congrats on passing Mod 1 and Good Luck for Mod 2 :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Alisha

Nice one, sounds like the five Ps in action! Proper planning prevents poor performance. Now, up and at 'em for part 2.

Reply to this Topic
captainchaos69

Oct 09

Mod 1

Mod 1 can be passed, the trouble is it is still a dangerous manouvre for a novice to undertake. No matter how well i teach people and how much practice they do, on the day mistakes are still made, and accidents happen. I have had two trainees come off since the new test came in. Both applied the front brake after panicing when carrying out the swerve test. I see what the manouvre is designed to simulate but at such a novice stage of riding i think it will cause many problems. As far as I am aware no one has come off and badly injured themselves on the slalom, or figure of eight or any of the other manouvres designed by 'Brussles', only the one the DSA has devised!!
If you are riding along and forward planning and observing you should not need to carry out such a severe manouvre. I know you can't account for the odd dick head but I would suggest that most riders would 'slam the anchors on' when confronted with someone reversing off a drive into their path suddenly....it is instinct.
Mod 1 and CBT should be combined (minus MOD 1) and a minimum amount of hours training should be recorded by the ATB before the MOD2 can be sat.

Reply to this Topic
Quariosv650

Jul 08

Quariosv650 says:

Chaos

i agree with captainchaos. they are making it far too complicated. i was over by wembly arena the other day and saw someone doing the thing. looks a right mess. cones  all over the place.

Reply to this Topic
alisha161102

Aug 09

alisha161102 says:

Module 1 can be passed + mod 2

Hi everyone!

I passed mod 2!!

Ok it's only on a 125 twist and go but what the hey, i'm on the road without L plates and at my age (33) i won't look like a sixteen year old going for a burn up around tesco car park!! :lol:

Anyway the big question now is......

Is it a Suzuki burgman 400 or a Honda Silverwing 600 or any other suggestions.

Sorry people automatic only....but i want power!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dwhitmore89

Oct 09

dwhitmore89 says:

Module 1

I passed Module 1 with no rider faults, i found it one of the most easiest tests to pass, if learners are grabbing a handfull of break on the hazard avoidance then they are clearly not ready to take the test, People have just got to go in relaxed and calm about it, and at the end of the day its only £15 to retake the test.

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Congrat to

you too...,

So good to hear so many people passing :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale