Skip to content

Discuss This Canadian grabs first quick spin on Honda VFR1200F First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Canadian grabs first quick spin on Honda VFR1200F

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Canadian grabs first quick spin on Honda VFR1200F

Canadian Motorcycle Guide grabbed a first 20-minute quick spin for pictures on the new Honda VFR1200F at the weekend. More info on the Honda VFR1200 MCN is riding the new bike in an exclusive extended track test later this week – for now here’s CMG’s Costa Mouzouris’ first impressions. See the full story here “The new VFR1200F has barely finished making the rounds...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 October 2009 17:25)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigeleaton

Jun 04

nigeleaton says:

First impressions?

Do BMW not sell the K1300S in Canada, I would have thought this bike was more similar to the new VFR than the GT model odd to compare with the Pan too as again this model's probably more a Blackbird replacement with a pan replacement model yet to be seen (officially) Glad this guy doesn't write for MCN - lost the will to live half way through the piece...

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

flog a dead horse

Bored to the back teeth with almost every story on the web posted by MCN being about the VFR1200F. Not interested and the vast majority of comments from people have been that it seems something of a let down. I know your (MCN) trying to drum up interest and it might appeal to some but there's more bikes around than just the sodding VFR1200F heavyweight pig. I take it you're in the pay of Honda for this one and have already decided it will be the bike of the year irrespective of how much of a dead end the bike is.

Reply to this Topic
TWeaKoR

Oct 08

TWeaKoR says:

Embargo

The link's changed now - apparently Honda don't want people to read this :P You can still see the original article (for now) cached through Google at http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:V8EKhTOOLCYJ:cmgonline.com/content/view/1831/254/+http://cmgonline.com/content/view/1831/254&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=opera

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

Re: Embargo

TwWeaKoR - read the article that you mentioned and couldn't see the difference. Was there supposed to be one or was it that you belived that there was something in it that could be construed as negative? I couldn't find either and I don't see your point.

On a seperate subject, I am amazed beyond belief at the number of posts (under other articles) that are prepared to condemn this bike to the dust-bin before there has been any notable level of press or customer feedback. For fuck's sake, ride it and by all means THEN criticise it. You cannot ascertain the merits of ANY bike by looking at the spec-sheets alone. Weight this, suspension adjustment that - fuck off!

I am not the archetypal "Honda-Owner" (I ride a Yam R1) and am frequently underwhelmed by their offerings but I think that as the most commercially successful manufacturer today, they may know a thing or two about what viably works and what doesn't. I've ridden excellent ones, dull ones, ugly ones ... but never bad ones.

Reply to this Topic
sylus

Oct 09

sylus says:

vfr1200

Truly have entered new territory...thier first bike that reminds me of a fat bird on a saturday night

beer goggles required

the legend of the 1100 pan, the sporting pinnacle that was the blackbird and the reliability of the 800 vfr and put it all together and you get.....one of the ugliest uninspiring bikes ever made..

honda have become harley...no clue

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Too right Beer&Darts..

There are quite a few armchair bike designers riding old scrap, slagging off bikes that aren't aimed at them in the first place and others who are just bitter they can't afford one. Assuming the bike fulfils Honda's claims it should sell, My only reservation is the prospective price leaves VFR800 owners no replacement they can afford, but until we know the exact price (largely dependant on how worthless Gordon Brown has made our currency when they are imported) its all speculation!

Reply to this Topic
OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

agree

well said Beer&Darts!

Reply to this Topic
titotito

Sep 09

titotito says:

HAVE A LOOK

HELLO HONDA..

CONGRATULATIONS FOR ADVANCING THE MOTORCYCLE WORLD A FEW MORE INCHES WITH YOUR ALL NEW VFR 1200,

MANY OF THE ISSUES REGARDING THIS MODEL HAVE AND ARE BEING DISCUSSED IN BIKING CIRCLES AND INTERNET FORUMS AROUND THE GLOBE....

IN OUR CURRENT WORLD WE CAN NOT STOP DEVELOPMENT AND THE DESIGNERS ECT MUST BE COMMENDED.

BUT MY CONCERN IS -- WHEN THERE IS A MULFUNCTION..WE TAKE OUR PRIDE AND JOY TO OUR LOCAL AGENT TO HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED....AND SADLY WHATEVER VEHICLE WE ARE DEALING WITH THE SIMPLE FACT  IS THAT THE WORKSHOP STAFF ARE NOT TRAINED ENOUGH..

I RIDE AN OLD VFR 750 AND TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL HONDA AGENT WITH A TAPPING SOUND FROM THE CYLINDER HEAD....AFTER A TECHNICIAN (WORKSHOP FOREMAN) HEARD THIS NOISE HE ADVISED ME OF A 'CAM CHAIN PROBLEM' ..............I LOOKED AT HIM , HE LOOKED AT ME AND I TOOK A GLANCE AT THE GUYS IN OVERALLS AND POLITELY SAID 'THANKS'' AND RODE OFF.... HOW COULD I LEAVE MY BIKE THERE WITH ANY CONFIDENCE....

AND THIS IS MY REASON FOR NOT BEING IN THE MARKET FOR THE NEW VFR......THE PROBLEMS IN GETTING IT FIXED SHOULD THERE BE A PROBLEM...AND HONDA HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEIR V4's OF YEARS BACK THEY  THEN BUILT THE VFR WHICH WAS AS RELIABLE AS A ZIPPO LIGHTER ALSO I WILL BE INTERESTED TO FIND OUT THE COST OF SPARES...

I WILL ADD THAT THE HONDA DEALER LOCAL TO ME IS IN GERMANY. 

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK! Sounds like you got a terrible dealer, or the workshop guy wasn't too bright, Its not a matter of training, just poor service from one guy, try another dealer, you will find most have a wealth of experience.

Reply to this Topic
shottsj

Apr 04

shottsj says:

Great News!

Delighted with the new full-on tourer that is the VFR 1200.

This now leaves the field clear for real sports-touring fans who don't want a lumbering beast or a straight-line speed monster when they reach their destination to choose the only real bike for that will work for them - the Triumph Sprint ST! - and with the pound depressed they should sell like hot cakes abroad as well! I'm on my third - and nothing out there to empt me off them to date.

Honda are clearly so proud of it they are not showing it at the NEC show.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices