Skip to content

Discuss This Sykes signs for Kawasaki World Superbike team World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Sykes signs for Kawasaki World Superbike team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Sykes signs for Kawasaki World Superbike team

Tom Sykes will ride for the factory Kawasaki World Superbike team in 2010. The 24 year old Brit signed a deal last week that will see him line up alongside Australian Chris Vermeulen in the British run squad onboard the fast developing Kawasaki ZX-10R. Sykes currently holds eighth in the World Superbike championship standings with one round of the series remaining....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 October 2009 20:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stavros012008

Oct 08

sorry to sound shallow but hows sykes guna improve when the ri so kicked the zx10s arse if you carnt perform  on one of the best bikes how can you progress on a bike which has struggled......it makes me wana grab kawasaki brass by the necks why pull technitions out of the failed but impressive for this yr motogp project then  state an aggressive attack nxt yr and for the yr after if only to get a has been and a not been there yet god sake buy so quality and proven riders dohhhhhhhhh  

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

I just hope for both riders sake that this Kawasaki is going to be as good as promised.It`s going to be hard enough in WSBK next season as it is with such depth of talent.I would hardly call Vermeulen a has been though-he is a great rider,his bike has underperformed more than he has this year and I reckon he can still cut it with the best IF his bike is good enough-thats a big IF! I would also like to see Tom do well at world level,I know he`s hardly set the world on fire this year,but he has had his share of bad luck.Whatever happens, I think we are all in for a treat next year in Superbikes-should be some great battles and great racing- and may the best man win at the final round of this years championship.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

?

hope he does better on this cos he`s done fuk all on the r1

Reply to this Topic
rmushet

Aug 08

rmushet says:

Another site reported this over a week ago. No doubt MCN will be claiming it as yet another exclusive story... I think Grinner could be alright on a standard 4 cylinder. He's been overshadowed by Spies' meteoric performances and Haslam's showings on the cash-stripped Stiggy bike. There's no doubt he can ride - just look at the battles with Byrne, Haslam, Crutchlow and Camier in the domestic series on the GSXR. Shame he didn't get signed to another Suzuki team, but Kawasaki are reportedly putting plenty of money into the superbike. After Lascorz's season on the ZX6, it shows they can produce a decent bike, so why not a decent litre sportsbike?

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Say what you like about Bird - he can spot talent

I think Sykes will go very well on the Kawasaki in his second year in WSB. Say what you like about Paul Bird, he can spot talent! And this is the second time Bird is signing him which tells you everything. If Sykes had had some rubish team mate this year (like last year) we would all be saying how well he had done. In my opinion Yamaha have invested in Sykes and Kawasaki will now benefit.

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

talent?

yes, bird can spot talent ok but the problem is that the talent has allwready signed up for other teams. i agree that tom did well in bsb, but this is wsb and a totaly different playing field, if tom wants a chance of wining he should return to bsb. sorry if this offends but these are my thoughts.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

another chance

Great to see that Tom has recovered from a very awkward 2009 season.  As has been mentioned, the boy can ride a bike alright - he had a couple of strong years in BSB before moving to WSB.

The truth is he has been one of those most exposed by Spies' meteroic year.  That guy has made a mockery of the entire WSB field this year, he's that far ahead of them.  He is quite rightly now going to get his chance in motogp.

Kawasaki is a good call for Sykes and his new team mate will be a good yard stick for him - beat Vermeulen and Sykes' career is very much back on the up.  Just hope the team have the resources to put a decent 2 bike campaign together.  TS is one of the good guys - really hope he has a belting 2010 season!

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

Good move???

My main thought in all of this is what... what about Shakey??? What's next for him seeing as it seemed almost certain a couple of weeks ago that he had already signed up for Birdy and Kawasaki... Fingers crossed for him. Maybe that Aprilia ride is on the cards...

Good news for the Grinner though, at least its another factory team and he should learn alot from Chirs. However i do agree with ejppower... he would have been better coming back to BSB to gain some more experience, maybe get a title or 2 under his belt, build up a stronger relationship with a manufacture... maybe Suzuki again or Honda and taken it from there. I can't see the Kawasaki being a race winner next year. it will still be behind the Ducati's, the Yamaha's and the Honda's... and with it being Suzuki's special year they will struggle to beat them too... However we shall see

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Ben Spies

So Spies has made a mockery of the World Superbike paddock has he?

Remind me now - who is still leading the championship?

He has had an amazing first season over here, but he hasn't won it yet and with Haga's recent form it doesn't look so certain that he will do.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Eeeep

I hope it works out for him!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle