Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year!

The MCN Motorcycle show, the biggest in London and the South East, is once again rearing its monstrous head for four days at Excel, from 4th – 7th February 2010. Book your tickets now To launch this gigantic show, we are offering a huge deal, an Early Bird offer of 2 for £20* until Friday 6 November, so book your tickets now!...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 October 2009 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muckinfunny

Oct 09

muckinfunny says:

Better than last year?

It can't get any worse.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Rip off's

I see the NEC is £15 plus £8 for parking (if you buy any gear you need a car?) £38 for me and my lady + £25 petrol

Need to see some bargains to make that worth while

the London show is £10 but parking is a tenner and only a 1/4 of the stands but it gets rid of a winter weekend?

still a rip off though

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

sorry- no way

Sorry MCN no way will I be going to the NEC this year, been getting worse/expensive year on year. This year I understand theres no Honda,Buell, or harley...? how can it be better than ever? I've stopped buying the paper too,its just not worth the money.How many pro show comments are you expecting on this page?

Reply to this Topic
wynner

Jan 04

wynner says:

show

Yes, I'm a sucker!

I agree with all the negative comments wholesale but I will still be going to the NEC.

I know others that will not go because of no show Honda.

They really don't want to play in the schoolyard now Yamaha has started to bully them, do they?!!!!

Personally the non attendance of Moto Guzzi  and Aprilia is much more of a disappointment: you can see Honda et al anywhere but we have no dealers near us for the alternative makes.

Reply to this Topic
greg1948

May 06

greg1948 says:

I will be giving it a miss this year like some of the manufactures.

The Good Food Show is on at the same time so may go there - great day out.

Reply to this Topic
ILOVETAKETHAT

Oct 09

MCN show not NEC Show

Guys - the discussion topic was the MCN show not the NEC show - the MCN show is at the Excel centre, London in January and no news on Honda or Harley. Agree with the comments about the NEC - Not until it gets cheaper! 

Reply to this Topic
mickipaq

Oct 06

mickipaq says:

mcn cowards

come on mcm do you read these blogs or is it you just don't care what people think and are just after the money.how about a reply iv'e yet to see a comment in your favour or are you running scared

Reply to this Topic
1000TT

Mar 08

1000TT says:

Ally Pally

The Ally Pally show at least has a great atmosphere, great stands, great bargains, it's not a rip off, parking is no problem, food is'nt bad either. Have never heard that said of the NEC, never mind the waste of time Excel boring place with little or no atmosphere...it just does'nt have "it". After last year's failure at the Excel, MCN ran a survey to see what improvements could be made, obviously not a hint of any of the recommendations have been acted upon that are obvious at this time. The results of the survey were not even published, that says it all really. The only clues to the survey were responses like this forum at that time which destroyed the quality of the show, no surprise. That's why there is so much negative feedback here today, sew a sour seed, eat a sour grape a year later, no thanks! Far more importantly does anybody know the dates of the Ally Pally or is it even on?

Reply to this Topic
cjbevan69

Oct 07

cjbevan69 says:

Oh!

Bugger, I've aleady bought some tickets. But apparently this will be the BEST motorcycle show I've ever been to. Well, considering this is the only motorcycle show I've been to.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Why Excel

The Excel arena has to be one of the worst places they could hold the show. Access is poor for 90% of the country. It's miles away from most people, not central. It even takes hours for people who live in the south to get to. Change location, revamp the show. The fact that there are few new bikes worth looking at this year probably makes it a poor year to visit regardless.

What we really need at this time of year is a huge indoor market that all the bike traders goto to sell off the old stock cheap, bikes, kit, security all the stuff at discounted prices. Hold it in a easily accessible place with good parking and don't rip folk off with high entry and parking charges.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices