Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN Motorcycle Show: Back with a vengeance and even better than last year!

The MCN Motorcycle show, the biggest in London and the South East, is once again rearing its monstrous head for four days at Excel, from 4th – 7th February 2010. Book your tickets now To launch this gigantic show, we are offering a huge deal, an Early Bird offer of 2 for £20* until Friday 6 November, so book your tickets now!...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 October 2009 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ranksounds

Jul 07

ranksounds says:

Ally Pally

Did anybody go last year? It wasn't run by MCN, but by classic motorcycle shows. It was rubbish! more people selling toy helicopters and rugs.

Ally Pally was alright but isn't funny how fondly we remember somthing when it's gone. Excel isn't great, gets worse year on year, but there's always plenty of us suckers to go along. Me included.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Motorcycle Show.

There will still be someone selling off Petronas gear you can be sure of that!

Reply to this Topic
chrispy102

Nov 07

chrispy102 says:

No dice!

The concept of paying £10 to look round a shop seems strange to me

But then again, I am a Yorkshireman

Reply to this Topic
fj1200absuk

Nov 09

fj1200absuk says:

NEC Show

Just got back from the NEC show. Not a good one. Lots of  manufacturers absent. The italians stayed in Italy where it's erm.... warmer. No new bikes around - just updated paint schemes or stickers. There were less stalls and the place seemed to have lots of empty space. Three of us went and were not impressed.  Also bumped into several friends from my local motorcycle club and they all said the same as me. My feeling is that it isn't credit crunch but more that the UK is perhaps not so important to the manufacturers anymore. Honda - what are you playing at? You surely cannot be so short of money that you can't get your bikes to Birmingham.?

Reply to this Topic
PAUL70A

Aug 02

PAUL70A says:

Bring Back Ally Pally!

We used to go to the Ally Pally show every year.  Have been to Excel, but it has no atmosphere, and is harder to get to, and yet I live nearer to the Excel!

Alot of us no longer bother to go. Please take the show back to Ally Pally.

Reply to this Topic
specialsparky

Jan 10

MCN Excel Show

3 of us went last year.. arrived at 10am and left at 12 having gone round it twice cos we couldn't believe it was that crap after the first lap! Total cost: fuel/parking/entry fee came to £60 between us. We used to go when it was at the Ally Pally and like many others,loved it..better atmosphere/parking/access/bargains but now.. You can keep Excel because sadly, it's just a bag of sh*te.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Fees.

I have just looked at the advanced bookings website and whilst there is said to be no booking fee or delivery charge there is a "Performance charge" of a quid. Presumably this is what the small print on this page describes as , "All bookings subject to a £1 transaction fee," -unless I've just bought a busking licence? OK, it's just a pound but already I feel like I'm being screwed with devious language. It doesn't bode well.

If I arrive by bike do I have to pay to park on site?

Reply to this Topic
Rogb

Aug 04

Rogb says:

Come on MCN, this is naughty - the LMS08 code above does not give you 2 at £10. There is another code LMS24. Both codes give you a paltry quid off. I have trawled around to find other codes and cannot. I have gave up and used LMS24 (£14).

Get it right!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle